Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Glen Rock High School is a top rated, public school located in Glen Rock, NJ. It has 731 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Glen Rock High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A123 Students
- grade A minus94 Students
- grade A84 Students
- grade A+81 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A+74 Students
- grade A+71 Students
- grade A61 Students
- grade A+52 Students
- grade A+48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responses
- Graduation Ball20%
- Pep rally11%
- Relay for Life9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$21,249 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Schools like Glen Rock High School
- grade ARamsey High School
- Ramsey School District, NJ
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 96 reviews
- grade AWest Essex High School
- West Essex Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 224 reviews
- grade ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 175 reviews
- grade AIndian Hills High School
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District, NJ
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 190 reviews
Glen Rock High School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 151 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Glen Rock High School is incredibly competitive, extroverted, and athletic. As an introvert who is interested in the arts and creativity, I have never felt like I belong. The teachers here are alright; they either care a lot or do not care at all. There seems to be no in-between. And I feel as though this school constantly rewards the students that succeed academically. They put them on pedestals, announce their names, announce their grades, and it's really just degrading to a lot of students. Plus, the staff itself can be very disorganized and informal. Typos in seemingly important documents are constant, emails written to parents are half-fast, and some teachers don't respond to emails at all. I would give this school less stars, but the truth is that all these horrible things have great results. A lot of the kids here are above average (which I personally dislike, but the school district LOVES). I feel like GRHS tries to be like the perfect small suburban school, and it can suck.
Glen Rock high school is an amazing school. As a student who is graduating this year I have memories that will last me forever. The teachers are very kind and always willing to help. Although it is a small school there are still many clubs and sports to join. As a 4 year varsity caption of the volleyball team I would personally recommend the volleyball team. Although it is impossible to completely stop bullying, the school does a great job in handling cases like this. Glen Rock high school takes a lot of pride in being a Blue ribbon school as we have a lot of programs to offer.
My experience at Glen Rock High School is fairly mixed. While I enjoy the challenging curriculum, the school lacks diversity and the ability to reach out to its students. However, Glen Rock as a town is primarily white, as to why there is not much diversity. The food in the cafeteria is mediocre, there can be a great deal of improvement. School spirit is fairly good, as the student body comes together well in times such as the pep rally and winter showcase. One main concern I do have is that there can be major strides in the awareness around mental health. Glen Rock does not seem to emphasize on the importance of a good well-being. Overall, Glen Rock High School is a fairly good school in education, but definitely can improve in certain areas.