Glastonbury High School is a top rated, public school located in Glastonbury, CT. It has 2,037 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Glastonbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A415 Students
- A+146 Students
- B+123 Students
- B120 Students
- A+111 Students
- A98 Students
- B97 Students
- A-85 Students
- B81 Students
- A-81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 140 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Glastonbury High School Reviews
The overall experience at the high school has been great! I've met so many new and interesting people while attending GHS. There are many clubs for students with a wide variety of interests to enjoy. As with most high schools there are good and bad teachers but in my experiences the vast majority of my teachers have been fantastic!
I really enjoyed my time here at GHS. The teachers really care about what they teach, and even though some can be very tough, you’ll get through it. I have come across the occasional teacher that doesn’t click with me, but it is never a total and complete disaster. The students are nice and accepting, though not very diverse. The school is very liberal oriented, since that it where I tend to swing, it doesn’t bother me too much, but I’ve known some more right winged people who have felt their views targeted against, so be prepared for that. Extracurriculars are great, and it makes it very easy to find a good crew. The school offers a lot of great programs that I really believe help me succeed in my 4 years here. :)
Glastonbury High School (GHS) did a great job of preparing my children for college. The preparation for Spanish was outstanding as my youngest son took Level 2 Spanish and tested out of an entire year of college Spanish. Conversely, in both science and mathematics there are no Level 1, or weighted, options for classes such as Biology, Physics and Calculus. This forces students to choose between Advanced Placement (AP) college level classes or Level 2 basic classes. Not all children can handle the rigor of AP classes but still want to be challenged. As all children are different with regards to abilities and personalities, I believe that their learning should be tailored to fit them instead of putting them in groups that don't address their strengths.