Glastonbury High School is a top rated, public school located in Glastonbury, CT. It has 2,037 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Glastonbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-387 Students
- A+139 Students
- B-116 Students
- B+112 Students
- A+95 Students
- A87 Students
- B87 Students
- B78 Students
- A-77 Students
- A-76 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 140 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Glastonbury High School Reviews
Glastonbury High School (GHS) did a great job of preparing my children for college. The preparation for Spanish was outstanding as my youngest son took Level 2 Spanish and tested out of an entire year of college Spanish. Conversely, in both science and mathematics there are no Level 1, or weighted, options for classes such as Biology, Physics and Calculus. This forces students to choose between Advanced Placement (AP) college level classes or Level 2 basic classes. Not all children can handle the rigor of AP classes but still want to be challenged. As all children are different with regards to abilities and personalities, I believe that their learning should be tailored to fit them instead of putting them in groups that don't address their strengths.
Glastonbury offers an excellent education program for students K-12. But, there are clears flaws in the system that are not being addressed. For example, as a student who participated in theater programs through Glastonbury High School, it felt as though there was a strong bias towards sports funding compared to arts funding. This leads to a disappointing extracurricular experience. Overall, I do value the education I received at GHS.
Glastonbury High School adequately provides students with the resources they need to pave their road to success. The classes, staff, and activities all support students and cater to every students need.