Glastonbury High School is a top rated, public school located in Glastonbury, CT. It has 1,997 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Glastonbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A525 Students
- A+166 Students
- B158 Students
- A+143 Students
- B-143 Students
- A126 Students
- B117 Students
- A-108 Students
- A+96 Students
- B-95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 149 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Glastonbury High School Reviews
Having just moved to town and being a new student at Glastonbury High School my freshman year, it was definitely a tough place to immerse into. It is a very populated school with over 2000 students from ninth to twelfth grade, and coming from a middle school with only 800 students across four grades, it was hard to feel welcomed in such a big environment. However, I found people in my classes that did make me feel welcomed and like I truly had a place in Glastonbury High School. After finding these people, school became a pleasure to go to everyday, and the opportunities given to me were better than I could've ever imagined. Being a senior now, I can say confidently that Glastonbury High School is a great place for students grades nine through twelve.
Honestly, my experience at GHS so far has been average. When I got into Phillips Exeter, I thought that is was selfish to ignore the wide variety of opportunities handed to me at home, and now as I write this, I should've just gone to boarding school. Popularity is based on whether you're white, athletic, and how you dress. Everyone here is extremely fake, as well. My friends are all older than me, which leaves me kind of worried for when I graduate. I will say the education here is excellent, aside from the Geometry L1 (Honors) curriculum, although I think they're changing it. This school isn't for you if you're a minority, because bigotry is condoned here. While students in this school ARE left-leaning, many keep their mouths shut when they others saying chauvinistic/prejudiced things. It's truly appalling. So, yes, while Glastonbury High School IS superb academically & athletically - its people and social aspect are not.
I think that Glastonbury High School is a wonderful High School that will prepare younger generations for the future is any way one wants. If they want to go to college, trade school, or anything else, Glastonbury is equip to educate everyone on the different decisions they can make for later life. Also, we as students are set u for greatness with many different electives, extra curricular activities, and sports. All of these let students explore what they want to in many different ways. The teachers are also fantastic with a wide variety of classes in every subject, these teachers are always there to help.