Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Glastonbury High School is a top rated, public school located in Glastonbury, CT. It has 2,001 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Glastonbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A589 Students
- grade A+183 Students
- grade A+180 Students
- grade B179 Students
- grade B minus171 Students
- grade A150 Students
- grade B135 Students
- grade B116 Students
- grade A+115 Students
- grade B+113 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 49 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 169 responses
- Class Trips / Events - Senior Ball, Block Island..22%
- Football games21%
- Spirit Week19%
- Soccer Games12%
- Neon Dance10%
- Senior Picnic, Junior Prom6%
- FFA/ club events4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,564 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 77 responses
Schools like Glastonbury High School
- grade A+Simsbury High School
- Simsbury School District, CT
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 338 reviews
- grade A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 255 reviews
- grade A+Avon High School
- Avon School District, CT
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 201 reviews
- grade A+Conard High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 322 reviews
Glastonbury High School Reviews
Rating 4.03 out of 5 470 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
GHS is an amazing high school. The teachers and administrators are superb and want every student to succeed. Regarding the course selection, there are tons of challenging and interesting courses. GHS features countless clubs and sports; so, students always an opportunity to be involved. With Current Issues, a class required for seniors, GHS prepares students for a college feel. Additionally, GHS prepares students for college through its facilities, resources, and testing. I am very grateful for the wonderful opportunity to attend Glastonbury High School.
I equate my success in school to the Glastonbury Public School system. From preschool up through my graduationg year, all of my teacher's have been extre,ely supportive wether I was finding that my classes were easy or extremely difficult. Many of my teachers encouraged me to push myself and even when I did not want to. My couselor's were always there whenever I needed a break or had silly questions about college applications etc. There are a few teacher's that just made my day and guided me, it just seemed natural to them. I am very fortunate to have been able to get my education in Glastonbury.
Having just moved to town and being a new student at Glastonbury High School my freshman year, it was definitely a tough place to immerse into. It is a very populated school with over 2000 students from ninth to twelfth grade, and coming from a middle school with only 800 students across four grades, it was hard to feel welcomed in such a big environment. However, I found people in my classes that did make me feel welcomed and like I truly had a place in Glastonbury High School. After finding these people, school became a pleasure to go to everyday, and the opportunities given to me were better than I could've ever imagined. Being a senior now, I can say confidently that Glastonbury High School is a great place for students grades nine through twelve.