Glastonbury High School is an elite, public school located in Glastonbury, CT. It has 2,038 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Glastonbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-380 Students
- A+136 Students
- B-116 Students
- B+109 Students
- A+91 Students
- B85 Students
- A84 Students
- B76 Students
- A-76 Students
- A-75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 137 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Glastonbury High School Reviews
Glastonbury High School (GHS) did a great job of preparing my children for college. The preparation for Spanish was outstanding as my youngest son took Level 2 Spanish and tested out of an entire year of college Spanish. Conversely, in both science and mathematics there are no Level 1, or weighted, options for classes such as Biology, Physics and Calculus. This forces students to choose between Advanced Placement (AP) college level classes or Level 2 basic classes. Not all children can handle the rigor of AP classes but still want to be challenged. As all children are different with regards to abilities and personalities, I believe that their learning should be tailored to fit them instead of putting them in groups that don't address their strengths.
Glastonbury offers an excellent education program for students K-12. But, there are clears flaws in the system that are not being addressed. For example, as a student who participated in theater programs through Glastonbury High School, it felt as though there was a strong bias towards sports funding compared to arts funding. This leads to a disappointing extracurricular experience. Overall, I do value the education I received at GHS.
Such an amazing school system, with great teachers, facilities, and education system. Extremely good at preparing students for college with AP classes as well as the Current Issues class required by all seniors to take.