Glastonbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-314 Students
- A+124 Students
- C+98 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+75 Students
- A71 Students
- B66 Students
- A+65 Students
- B+65 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 135 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Glastonbury High School Reviews
Review Glastonbury High School
I did not enjoy attending GHS. GHS is a big school setting with many students and the students were very cliquey and rude and they felt entitle to things. However, the faculty really care about the well being and success for their students. I also like how supportive the student body is, the sporting events were fun to go to and the school really shows school spirit. I like how the school is very clean and there a few graffiti spots. The students respect school property so it was a very pleasant environment to be in. Also, their music and arts program is phenomenal. I felt like I was apart of a family participating in the music department.
The overall quality of teachers come in all different types of styles which is good, because then you could learn things different ways and know how to do a specif thing many different ways due to the different teaching styles of the teachers. The knowledge of the teachers teaching their subject is very high, from what I've experienced throughout my 4 years at GHS is that most, if not all, the teachers are very high educated about their topics and the subject that they teach us. The teachers interest in the students is good enough for us all to have a great school year and a great experience learning from the teachers. Even though not all the teachers are consistent when grading tests (aka half the math department), if you remind them once in a while, they will get it done asap.
My overall experience at Glastonbury High School has been great. I was exposed to many different clubs, activities, and sports which were all welcoming. Also, there are a wide variety of classes you can choose to take which interest you the most. What makes Glastonbury High School unique is that , I personally believe it prepares you for the real world/ college in every class you take from ceramics to a business class. If I had a change to choose this school again to do it all over I most gladly would. I would do my high school years over at Glastonbury High School because every administrator is very welcoming and someone is always there to guide you in the right direction. And if you ever need someone to talk to about anything, there is someone there for that. One think I love at Glastonbury is the Guidance Office. During your years of high school they prepare you for graduation and they make sure that you are meeting the requirements to being successful and getting to where you need/want to be a a couple years.