Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesD
Gladwin High School is a public school located in Gladwin, MI. It has 520 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Gladwin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B176 Students
- B156 Students
- C+150 Students
- B-125 Students
- A98 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+81 Students
- B-59 Students
- B-58 Students
- B+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Gladwin High School
- CColeman Junior/Senior High School
- Coleman Community Schools, MI
- 51 reviews
- CHarrison Community High School
- Harrison Community Schools, MI
- 31 reviews
- NGClare-Gladwin Area School
- Clare-Gladwin Regional Education Service School District, MI
- PK, K-12
- CBeaverton High School
- Beaverton Rural Schools, MI
- 45 reviews
Gladwin High School Reviews
The teachers are very kind and helpful. The classes are small so you can focus and ask questions. The building is kept clean and it has a modern feel. The music program is phenomenal. The band and choir both are quite amazing and always put on shows. the art program and teacher are very innovative and we are always learning new things. The art program is very involved with the community and displays their art around town. The student are like regular high school students. however there is no bullying. everyone gets along. People mind their own business but also include people so nobody is left out.
Most of the staff at GHS are helpful and bright. However, the school lacks opportunities for students who excel. No AP classes are provided and very minimal challenging courses exist.
I would like to see an improvement in the school's culture. Having gone there myself, I feel as though it was more of a detriment than it was an enjoyable experience. We have poor diversity and not much for a culture or identity as a student body, as it feels to me that we don't have a very tight-knit grade. However, Gladwin does have many positives. The best of which have to be the teachers. I love just about every single teacher I've ever had at Gladwin, and I've been going here for my entire academic career. We also have many tools and resources that can help aid our education, such as after school tutoring and teachers always ready to help you out if you need only ask. My school is by no means perfect, and definitely has room to improve, but overall, I am satisfied with the education I've has so far received.