Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Gladewater High School is a public school located in Gladewater, TX. It has 504 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Gladewater High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+121 Students
- B-69 Students
- C66 Students
- B62 Students
- A57 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-49 Students
- B31 Students
- A31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Gladewater High School
- C+Kilgore High School
- Kilgore Independent School District, TX
- 117 reviews
- B-Big Sandy High School
- Big Sandy Independent School District (Big Sandy), TX
- 42 reviews
- BHawkins High School
- Hawkins Independent School District, TX
- 20 reviews
- BGilmer High School
- Gilmer Independent School District, TX
- 144 reviews
Gladewater High School Reviews
Gladewater High School has a great academic atmosphere. I enjoyed the community and small-town feel of Gladewater. It is a good place to raise a family and allow your student to be around multitudes of cultural and racial diversity. The dress code and some restrictions are a bit unreasonable; however, overall it is a good school.
I love going to high school here! I have had a wonderful experience with the faculty! They go out of there way to help you excel! I feel as though they try to produce a family atmosphere for their students.
I love the people of Gladewater High School, but I don’t like the biased actions that faculty and administration partake in. We are all too often repressed by our dress code and inability to express ourselves that the only thing that is ever felt is anger.