Glacier Peak High School is a highly rated, public school located in Snohomish, WA. It has 1,792 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Glacier Peak High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+369 Students
- B+230 Students
- A228 Students
- B-144 Students
- B+113 Students
- A-110 Students
- B+84 Students
- A-80 Students
- C+79 Students
- B-76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Schools like Glacier Peak High School
- B+Snohomish High School
- Snohomish School District, WA
- 179 reviews
- B+Lake Stevens Senior High School
- Lake Stevens School District, WA
- 419 reviews
- AShorecrest High School
- Shoreline School District, WA
- 352 reviews
- AInglemoor High School
- Northshore School District, WA
- 429 reviews
Glacier Peak High School Reviews
I believe I am quite lucky to be a student at Glacier Peak as the school environment is very positive; the staff, teachers, and students are mostly warm and welcoming. Our school strongly promotes school spirit and we are encouraged to actively participate in clubs, go to football games, and wear our school colors during spirit week. The teachers and staff are always available when help is needed, and counselors are there to guide and advise students on career paths. Our principle is very passionate about maintaining a safe school environment and keeping students engaged in academics and extracurriculars. Overall, Glacier Peak is a wonderful school that welcomes all students no matter what ethnicity, gender, background, etc. and provides them with a wide variety of opportunities.
What we actually learn at Glacier Peak is pretty average and on par for most other high schools in the Snohomish area, but the teachers themselves elevate the education. I have been fortunate enough to have amazing teachers that have taught the content in a way that really resonates with most students. The career center has helped me personally in finding a handful of amazing scholarships that make college a possibility. Our principle is the best in the state hands down. Our theatrical programs and bands are award winning. Our sports programs are always top of the state, all while being taught amazing morals and life lessons. Overall a great high school for the area.
I honestly loved Glacier Peak! It was super welcoming and everyone was very supportive and friendly. There was also equality there and all subjects, even the arts, were taken very seriously.