COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The GPS community has adhered to the COVID-19 safety protocols because being together on campus is what is best for us all. Despite the limitations, our students have thrived from being on campus. And we’re all learning that we can all rise above even the toughest challenges. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
For more than 110 years, Girls Preparatory School has been committed to academic excellence while educating the whole girl through a broad array of educational experiences. As students at GPS, girls grow in intellectual curiosity, honor individuality, learn to share their opinions with confidence, and discover the strength within themselves to change the world.
Girls Preparatory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus143 Students
- grade A72 Students
- grade A+68 Students
- grade A+65 Students
- grade A minus62 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade B50 Students
- grade A49 Students
- grade B+39 Students
- grade A37 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 20 responses
- May day23%
- Class rings18%
- Baylor/mccallie football game16%
- Chapel talks13%
- Cat rat parade12%
- Mission remission6%
- Class day4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 24 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C+
Girls Preparatory School Reviews
The teachers here are amazing and care about their students and seeing them succeed. They are very good about creating an environment that fosters the way girls learn best, and they work to make sure each girl has what she needs to thrive.
While I wish it was sometimes more inclusive to conservative viewpoints, ones that are among the minority of the students, I can tell they are trying to increase the inclusivity by promoting civil discussion about controversial topics.
All in all, though, this is an AMAZING school and I'm so blessed I've gotten to go here!
Once we got in the door, we found the entire experience to be like night and day relative to public school. The academics are second to none. It's very challenging, but our daughter is absolutely thriving there. We have no doubt she'll be fully prepared for whatever college she may choose.
GPS really has some unique ways of instilling a greater sense of self confidence in the girls. We were a bit skeptical of an all girls school at first, but we haven't encountered anything negative at all. Everyone is so warm and welcoming!