Girard Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Girard, OH. It has 577 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Girard Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-108 Students
- B59 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-44 Students
- B33 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-21 Students
- A20 Students
- B19 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Girard Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Girard Senior High School
- B+Hickory High School
- Hermitage School District, PA
- 121 reviews
- BHubbard High School
- Hubbard Exempted Village School District, OH
- 121 reviews
- BStruthers High School
- Struthers City School District, OH
- 70 reviews
- BMaplewood High School
- Maplewood Local School District, OH
- 23 reviews
Girard Senior High School Reviews
Girard Senior High is everything you can hope for in a reputable public school. Students are given a plethora of opportunities to push forward in and explore whatever interest they have, without being too forceful. Juniors and Seniors are also helped out a lot by teachers and counselors in their push towards college or the professional world, which is definitely helpful. However, with that comes a little bit of favoritism by a select few of the teachers. Granted, that is something that will happen in just about every school, but I figured it was worth noting. But, I'd say overall, I really loved my time a Girard Senior High School and am really lucky to call myself a Girard graduate. I made what I hope are a lot of lasting connections and memories.
Girard Senior High School is an amazing school, as a student of this school it may seem biased but i have seen other schools and talked to other people. Girard in many peoples opinions is one of, if not, the best school in our area. We have an amazing educational program that teaches you better than any other. we have an outstanding sports program that gets everybody involved, and so much more.
I love Girard Highschool, and I'm so happy this is where I spent my journey through grade school. I have been a cheerleader since 7th grade and cheering on the sidelines on Friday nights at the football and basketball games is what I'm going to miss the most. The stands are always packed with people who love and want to support Girard as one big family, and those fans continue to show their support whether we win or we lose . There is no better place to be in a Friday night than Girard, Ohio.