Girard High School is a public school located in Girard, PA. It has 564 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Girard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+68 Students
- B59 Students
- B+56 Students
- A+44 Students
- A35 Students
- B-31 Students
- B31 Students
- B-22 Students
- B18 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Girard High School
- BMcDowell High School
- Millcreek Township School District, PA
- PK, 9-12
- 457 reviews
- C+Conneaut High School
- Conneaut Area City School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- C+Northwestern Senior High School
- Northwestern School District, PA
- 83 reviews
- B+General McLane High School
- General McLane School District, PA
- 185 reviews
Girard High School Reviews
The school itself is a very nice academic environment, with teachers that, for the most part, care about their students. The students however, are pretty cliquey and exclusive. The school offers many clubs and sports for students to get involved in!
Overall Girard High School is a great place to go to high school! The past four years have really been something that I have enjoyed from the extracurricular activities to all the new friends I have made. This school is very involved with sports and school spirit especially on Fridays will get the school ready for big football games! There are many school clubs and activities to choose from. There are also many great teachers that are willing to go the extra mile and help you out on your work. The past four years of high school have definitely been some of my favorite years!
Girard is a good school, however I think the curriculum could be altered to more prepare students for college. Organization and time management skills gained from difficult classes will not only help in college, but in other areas of life as well.