Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Gilmer High School is an above average, public school located in Gilmer, TX. It has 708 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Gilmer High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-156 Students
- A+155 Students
- A+149 Students
- C139 Students
- C+119 Students
- B119 Students
- A-111 Students
- B+99 Students
- A77 Students
- B+70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Gilmer High School
- B-Big Sandy High School
- Big Sandy Independent School District (Big Sandy), TX
- 42 reviews
- B+Ore City High School
- Ore City Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
- B+Harmony High School
- Harmony Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
- ASpring Hill High School
- Spring Hill Independent School District, TX
- 56 reviews
Gilmer High School Reviews
Gilmer high school was a great experience for me. I met a lot of great people that have brought positive light into my life today. The learning environment is like no other. The teachers are very caring for their students in and out the classroom. I also played football there. Our team logo were the Buckeyes. Our colors were black and orange. During my three years on varsity, we went 50-3. The coaches took good care of us by making sure we were fed, hydrated, studying and healthy for the game on Friday.
Gilmer High School was an amazing school to attend. Great quality of education, fun pep rallies, kind teachers and coaches, and a variety of activities to choose from. I honestly miss it a lot, but I am proud to say that I graduated from Gilmer High School! The only changes I would recommend would be to raise additional money for the Theatre department so their props and clothing can be more beneficial in the plays, and to hire more teachers who actually enjoy teaching the students. Some teachers would give out worksheets and a book everyday, expecting students to learn that way. Instead, students should be taught the material and enjoy learning throughout high school. In my opinion, this will increase the chances of high school students graduating and becoming accepted into higher education. Overall, I love Gilmer High School!! Class of 2017.
My experience at Gilmer High School has been most intriguing ever since I moved here in 2014. This school has showed me so much leadership and given me education that is beneficial in school and in the real world. The academic's are overall great for our future of going to college or work. Everyone is involved with each other in school and out of school. This small community allows us to be able to connect at a much more personal level. Not only have the Teachers been most friendly, but they allow us to receive help before and after school to better understand what is being instructed.