Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Gilford High School is an above average, public school located in Gilford, NH. It has 475 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Gilford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+95 Students
- grade B minus69 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade B48 Students
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade C+27 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade C25 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Winter Carnival35%
- Soccer Home Games12%
- All sporting events6%
- Drama festival each year6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,077 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Gilford High School
- grade B minusProspect Mountain High School
- Public School
- Alton, NH
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 170 reviews
- grade B+Moultonborough Academy High School
- Moultonborough School District, NH
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade C+Newfound Regional High School
- Newfound Area School District, NH
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade C+Kingswood Regional High School
- Governor Wentworth Regional School District, NH
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 123 reviews
Gilford High School Reviews
Rating 3.68 out of 5 90 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have been a student in the Gilford, NH school system since Kindergarten and couldn't imagine being anywhere else but in this school community. I have had great teachers who care about their students and go the extra mile to encourage them to do their best to reach their potential. We have parents who play an active role in offering help and voice their opinions when important decisions need to be made that will benefit the students. We have a very strong anti-bulling policy that protects us all and have staff with whom we can discuss any problems or issues that arise during the school year. Many activities are offered so that each student has a place to feel comfortable and accepted while learning to expand their horizons. I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful school.
I liked that Gilford was a small school with students and teachers who knew everyone. I also liked that they made attempts to improve the culture and experience for students, however they could have put a little more effort into this. Change starts with great ideas which Gilford has, there is just no solid follow through. Because of this, students and teachers are frustrated and there seems to be no positive change at all. My recommendation would be to thoroughly research their ideas and then keep fighting for it. Gilford High School has a time worn pattern of starting change and then backing out as soon as there is any opposition which there will always be in life.I wish the best of luck to those standing up for what they believe in when trying to create a better schooling experience.
Gilford High School seems to be based off of more fun and games in the classroom some of the time. I can get easily distracted by other students in my class because they are not paying attention and are making more of scene to get attention on themselves. Teachers also do not show much disciplinary towards students who misbehave, which leads students to thinking they can get away with almost anything in the classroom.