Giles County High School is a public school located in Pulaski, TN. It has 821 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 2% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Giles County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B70 Students
- A-67 Students
- C60 Students
- B55 Students
- C+40 Students
- A+40 Students
- B38 Students
- A-37 Students
- B33 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Giles County High School
Giles County High School Reviews
Overall, the school has been pretty average. Some of the administration have very clear bias and certain groups of students get extreme favoritism. The student activities have dropped dramatically, and student organizations continue to decrease. The main academic positive is the chance for dual enrollment offered by the local college to any students that meet the GPA requirements.
Student Council is the best thing this high school has to offer! My favortive high school memories are from being involved in student council and going to all the leadership conferences.
I liked all the activities and pep session like things we did! Barnyard Olympics has always been my favorite. I love watching the boys catch pigs, and everyone eating snow cones and eating hot dogs as a school.