Gilbert High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gilbert, IA. It has 446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Gilbert High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A141 Students
- A70 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-27 Students
- A15 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+11 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Gilbert High School
- A+Ames High School
- Ames Community School District, IA
- 322 reviews
- B+Roland-Story High School
- Roland-Story Community School District, IA
- 71 reviews
- B+South Hamilton Middle/High School
- South Hamilton Community School District, IA
- 54 reviews
- BNevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- 37 reviews
Gilbert High School Reviews
The best element of Gilbert High School is the teacher-student relationships, & a full circle family-friendly setting. There are humanitarians at GHS who fight bullying, stand for students, & work for a well-rounded learning environment — an excellent school to survive single parenting life & raise a well-educated, college ready teen. The sports programs are good. I highly recommend track, golf and wrestling programs. New buildings are coming soon! There is a talented principal who has respect of parents & students. We for a greater emphasis on performing arts and dance club. Overall, Gilbert teachers & staff are high-quality individuals w/best interest of the students. I'm proud to be a GPS parent.
A sense of community is the first and foremost thing you’ll experience at Gilbert. Whether it’s a packed crowd for a Tuesday night volleyball game or having service dogs come in during finals week to relieve some stress (yes, you read that right), the Gilbert community comes second to none. There’s really no complaints to be made about the school district; at Gilbert you are prioritized as a student and always feeling welcomed.
In my time as a student at Gilbert, I have learned tons about what it means to be a leader and a hard worker. Gilbert has a culture of excellence in all fields, academics, fine arts, and athletics. There is a true care for the safety and well being of students. I have never seen someone who didn't have a strong relationship with at least one teacher. There is a diversity of teaching styles and personalities at Gilbert. Though my experience at Gilbert, I found my identity. something that I didn't even have an Idea of coming out of middle school. And the Identity I refer to is so much more than just knowing what I want to do. I learned about who I am. I learned and developed my own values and I learned my limits as well as how to push them to become better in everything I do. I give this school four stars instead of five because even though I have learned so much, some faculty lacks open mindedness.