Gilbert High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gilbert, IA. It has 423 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Gilbert High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A104 Students
- A42 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-20 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-11 Students
- C+9 Students
- A+9 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Gilbert High School
- A+Ames High School
- Ames Community School District, IA
- 276 reviews
- ARoland-Story High School
- Roland-Story Community School District, IA
- 68 reviews
- BSouth Hamilton Middle/High School
- South Hamilton Community School District, IA
- 50 reviews
- B+Nevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- 27 reviews
Gilbert High School Reviews
Gilbert High School is an environment with high standards and friendly people. I moved into the school district from Illinois for my senior year. I was welcomed with open arms, friendly faces and a very comfortable environment. The diversity isn't great, but the minorities who do attend Gilbert High School are welcomed and friends with everyone. Academically, the teachers are top-notch and the school as a whole prepares students very well for college. Athletically, the sports teams are average, but the atmosphere at the games is always positive and the community and school district are very supportive.
While Gilbert excels in academics, they fall short on actually taking care of their students. I have found it to be a place where I do when and the classes are hard, but not to hard. I am able to do well, and I feel like the teachers care about my success. However, I think some staff members and students are ignorant. I do not care for the closed mindedness of the people there, but I'm glad to have a good education.
Gilbert is a small school located near Ames, Iowa and benefits greatly from the proximity. The district operates with the students benefit in mind, and it shows. Fine arts and athletics are highly valued, and the teachers and academics are top notch. The recent renovations of the schools and the new high school make for great learning environments. Gilbert is a wonderful place to grow up.