Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Gilbert High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gilbert, IA. It has 484 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Gilbert High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A173 Students
- A100 Students
- B+57 Students
- B-31 Students
- A21 Students
- A19 Students
- A+18 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-16 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Gilbert High School
- A+Ames High School
- Ames Community School District, IA
- 343 reviews
- B+Roland-Story High School
- Roland-Story Community School District, IA
- 73 reviews
- BSouth Hamilton Middle/High School
- South Hamilton Community School District, IA
- 55 reviews
- A-Nevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- 45 reviews
Gilbert High School Reviews
Gilbert High School is full of experiences! From there sports, academics, arts, and culture they are very welcoming and give you plenty of opportunities. The way they do classes at the high school and the way they teach has helped the students grow. The students like to compete with themselves to get the best grades they can and are always supportive of your decisions. As a school they are very competitive and are getting better every school year. I know for a fact that Gilbert's athletics (specifically both girls and boys soccer, basketball, and xc) are really competitive and know how to have fun at practices and games!
I enjoy Gilbert High School because of its academic opportunities, sports teams, and fine arts programs. GHS has an incredible staff of hard-working teachers who do their best to help students succeed. They provide a variety of teaching styles and assignment types to ensure that students get a well-rounded understanding of each topic. Gilbert also offers DMACC concurrent courses which allow students to earn college credit while still in high school. In addition, GHS has a variety of sports teams. With the combination of the facilities, coaching staff, and hard-working athletes, many students excel in Gilbert's sports programs. Finally, the fine arts program at Gilbert is outstanding. Again there are a variety of participation possibilities including band, choir, speech, musicals, art, and more. Not only do these programs support students while in school, but they also give back to the community through many performances. Overall, Gilbert is an excellent high school to attend.
The best element of Gilbert High School is the teacher-student relationships, & a full circle family-friendly setting. There are humanitarians at GHS who fight bullying, stand for students, & work for a well-rounded learning environment — an excellent school to survive single parenting life & raise a well-educated, college ready teen. The sports programs are good. I highly recommend track, golf and wrestling programs. New buildings are coming soon! There is a talented principal who has respect of parents & students. We for a greater emphasis on performing arts and dance club. Overall, Gilbert teachers & staff are high-quality individuals w/best interest of the students. I'm proud to be a GPS parent.