Gilbert High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gilbert, IA. It has 435 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A115 Students
- A49 Students
- B+35 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+13 Students
- A11 Students
- C+9 Students
- A+9 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Gilbert High School
- A+Ames High School
- Ames Community School District, IA
- 291 reviews
- B+Roland-Story High School
- Roland-Story Community School District, IA
- 69 reviews
- BSouth Hamilton Middle/High School
- South Hamilton Community School District, IA
- 52 reviews
- B+Nevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- 29 reviews
Gilbert High School Reviews
Gilbert High School is an environment with high standards and friendly people. I moved into the school district from Illinois for my senior year. I was welcomed with open arms, friendly faces and a very comfortable environment. The diversity isn't great, but the minorities who do attend Gilbert High School are welcomed and friends with everyone. Academically, the teachers are top-notch and the school as a whole prepares students very well for college. Athletically, the sports teams are average, but the atmosphere at the games is always positive and the community and school district are very supportive.
Gilbert High School has some of the best academic turnout in the entire state of Iowa. It is a Blue Ribbon school and is known for being high achieving in both sports and academics. It is a very small school so each student will get to know almost every teacher on campus personally. However, because of its size, the student population lacks in diversity and is rather conservative. However, Gilbert High School is under new management due to a change in principals and safety, happiness, and peace are top priorities. Gilbert stays true to its slogan: "Every student, every day."
I have gone to Gilbert since the 4th grade and I am going to be a senior this fall. My experience has been amazing, it is such a great school. Every single one of my teachers have been reliable and so helpful in any way. Although Gilbert is growing more every year I still consider it a small school where I can know all of my peers.