Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Gilbert High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gilbert, AZ. It has 2,051 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Gilbert High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A957 Students
- B706 Students
- A-547 Students
- B-334 Students
- B-296 Students
- B-183 Students
- A130 Students
- A+129 Students
- A+127 Students
- B126 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.62 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.62 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.85 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.88 responses
Gilbert High School Reviews
I enjoyed Gilbert High School very much! The best part about this school was the faculty, as whenever I needed help in my assignments they never hesitated. Plus, the counselors did an amazing job preparing the students for college and allowing them to be comfortable with their future. As someone who takes their studies seriously, I appreciated the fact that there were all sorts of higher-up courses I could take. I enjoyed taking dual enrollment and AP courses to prepare myself for my future, and the teachers were always very understanding and willing to help me whenever I got stuck in the difficult classes.
I can not remember a single day of high school when in the morning I dreaded the idea of spending 8+ hours within the halls and practice fields of Gilbert High School. All the teachers always showed they cared for us and our education. Anybody that entered the doors of that pride filled building could tell that every single staff member had a passion for what they did. Even with all the hormones that 14-18 year old kids have, it was a very rare occasion to see a student with a frown on their face. It was a great experience and it left me walking off the football field on graduation night remembering all the great times that were spent there!
Gilbert High school, so far, has been such an amazing experience! I have been part of the dance program for three years and it has taught me discipline, responsibility, and hardwork. The teachers and staff are always there when you have a question and push us passed our limits.