Gideon High School is a public school located in Gideon, MO. It has 107 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Gideon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+15 Students
- B-12 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- A-4 Students
- A-4 Students
- C3 Students
- B-2 Students
- A2 Students
- A1 Student
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Gideon High School
- C+Risco High School
- Risco R-II School District, MO
- 4 reviews
- C+Campbell High School
- Campbell R-II School District, MO
- 12 reviews
- C+Holcomb High School
- Holcomb R-III School District, MO
- 25 reviews
- CNorth Pemiscot Senior High School
- North Pemiscot County R-I School District, MO
- 19 reviews
Gideon High School Reviews
Gideon High School is absolutely great. The teachers are amazing and want nothing more than to see every student to succeed. The only thing I wish to change is the population and the diversity. I wish to change the population because it is very small. In fact, my class has less than 20 students in it. I also wish to change the diversity because it is not very diverse at all. The only race attending the school is Caucasian with the exceptions of one African-American. I am that one African-American. Other than those two things, I would not change anything about Gideon High School.
I have had a great time at this school! I am thankful for the small class size because I feel I have received more one-on-one with the teachers. I appreciate how the teachers and staff care about us and make us feel important. We have a family-like atmosphere in the school. The upper classmen actually are nice to the lower grades. We have opportunities for activities, clubs, organizations, and sports. We have a safe environment. We know all the students from grades 7-12 and most of the elementary students. Our school is small and we do not have all the opportunities that larger schools have, but we also have a close-knit relationship between our classes and between students and faculty/staff. We do feel loved and cared for here.
The school environment is small and the class sizes are small. This allows for everyone to get to know everyone else. The small class size helps the teachers give more individualized instruction where needed. I felt loved at Gideon. I know the teachers cared about me and my success. I realize we missed out on some experiences because we are so small, but I think we gained in other areas. I like the individual treatment we received. I liked that every teacher from kindergarten to high school knew my name and spoke to me when they saw me. Even the superintendent knew every single student by name. That is impressive.