Giddings High School is an above average, public school located in Giddings, TX. It has 607 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Giddings High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+72 Students
- C-68 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+51 Students
- B42 Students
- A25 Students
- A-25 Students
- B25 Students
- A20 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Giddings High School Reviews
I absolutely loved coming to school every day! The teachers were always super energetic and helpful, the administration was extremely kind, and the parent involvement was outstanding.
Everyday was a great day at GHS! Every student showed up to learn, and every teacher showed up to teach. There were many students from different backgrounds who all blended together so well. Their motto was: Family. I can recall a time when the football team went to the championship and nearly every player dyed their hair pink! They would have fun pep rallies and a great turnout to every sporting event. Me, being a transfer student, I was a little hesitant to participate in activities at first. To my surprise, though, everyone welcomed me with open arms which made me feel right at home. Attending Giddings High School was a great experience that I would not trade for the world.
Giddings High School is amazing. The teachers work so hard to make sure my grades stay up where they need to be, as well as make our lessons entertaining. I never fall asleep in class because of how eager we all are to learn. Go Buffs go!