Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Gibson County High School is an above average, public school located in Dyer, TN. It has 477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Gibson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B92 Students
- B51 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+42 Students
- A-40 Students
- A-39 Students
- C+35 Students
- B-32 Students
- B22 Students
- C18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Gibson County High School
- B+South Gibson County High School
- Gibson County Special School District, TN
- 142 reviews
- B-Peabody High School
- Trenton Special School District, TN
- 95 reviews
- BMilan High School
- Milan Special School District, TN
- 80 reviews
- CHumboldt Junior/Senior High School
- Humboldt City School District, TN
- 48 reviews
Gibson County High School Reviews
The people in this school are like a little family. There are about 500 students, so everybody pretty much knows everybody. We are able to overcome any obstacle together. Even though we might not all have the same social status we are all very respectful to each other for the most part. The education there might not be as great as other high schools, but we still learn what we need to go out into the real world.
Gibson County Highschool has given me a very average but good college experience. Being that it is a small, close-knit highschool, everyone knows everyone and that makes it easy to be involved in activities. I believe I will be prepared for college from attending high school here.
It's a smaller school, so everyone knows each other. Therefore, I am comfortable around the students and the teachers, which makes my high school experience a little more enjoyable.