George Whittell High School
- ZEPHYR COVE, NV
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
George Whittell High School is a highly rated, public school located in ZEPHYR COVE, NV. It has 144 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
George Whittell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+57 Students
- grade A17 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade A10 Students
- grade A9 Students
- grade A+9 Students
- grade B7 Students
- grade A7 Students
- grade A6 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near George Whittell High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
No data available
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Student apriciation day.67%
- What traditions?33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,295 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like George Whittell High School
- grade A minusDouglas County High School
- Douglas County School District, NV
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 284 reviews
- grade B+Carson High School
- Carson City School District, NV
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 372 reviews
- grade A+North Tahoe High School
- Tahoe-Truckee Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 35 reviews
- grade B+South Tahoe High School
- Lake Tahoe Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 256 reviews
George Whittell High School Reviews
Rating 3.65 out of 5 43 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
George Whittell highschool is a school community wig only about 210 students, making it easier to talk to teacher directly, but overall the school spends more money on sports than academics, is predominantly white upper class kids, with some amazing teachers and some teachers who push "college standards" that are never brought up once in any college course ive been in. The school has a small selection of clubs and extracurricular activity especially if you aren't athletic or Christian. The sports is the only thing Whittell actually puts money into so it's not bad. Food is mostly frozen and not great by time it gets to the kids. My math class this year didn't have math books or a teacher until a month and a half after school started.
I love that George Whittell High School is a small school. It allows for many students to feel included. The entire student body and the faculty combined makes George Whittell its own little family. With the limited population of the school students are pushed to try any sport or instrument that they haven't ever done before. It's easy to be on a team and everyone pushes each other to work harder. It really is an amazing community.
I really enjoy going to school here, We have great staff and the student numbers are low so student can easily receive the help they need. The only reason they were given 4 stars is because due to the low level of students the schools funding is low.