Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
George West High School is an above average, public school located in George West, TX. It has 318 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
George West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- B40 Students
- A+33 Students
- B25 Students
- C-24 Students
- A+21 Students
- B-16 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
George West High School Reviews
Going to George West High School will forever be memorable for me. Here in our community and school, we are one big family. We have top of the line resources, great facilities and great teachers. We have many organizations and outstanding UIL teams which never fall short of success. I know all of my teachers on a personal level, like most of our students, which makes learning easier and more fun. We always do hands- on activities and never fall short in meeting goals. Along with that, George West High School had many friendships to offer; I will hold on to these friendships in the years to come. Academically speaking, my high school has definitely prepared me for college and I am so eager to apply what I have learned here in college next year!
It’s a small, quaint school. Everyone knows each other and gets along real well. The facility is nice and very welcoming. I enjoy my classes and the staff is very helpful and kind. There are numerous club activities available even though it is a fairy small school. I’ve always felt very safe at school. I wish there was a greater art program, but art class and one act are available and are certainly worth joining.
George West High School is known for there academics; bright, outstanding and outgoing students. Teachers set the bar extremely high in every class room and expect a lot from there students. Academics are the schools number one priority from day one. The tolerance level with the students is also set very high, you are to respect each other, school grounds, and have appropriate behavior at all times. Although the one thing the school should have more of, in my opinion is more school spirit.