George W. Hewlett High School is a top rated, public school located in Hewlett, NY. It has 1,061 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
George W. Hewlett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-135 Students
- A+113 Students
- A-100 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+85 Students
- B+77 Students
- B+71 Students
- A68 Students
- A-63 Students
- B54 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like George W. Hewlett High School
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 206 reviews
- ASouth Side High School
- Rockville Centre Union Free School District, NY
- 178 reviews
- A+Wheatley School
- East Williston Union Free School District, NY
- 94 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 237 reviews
George W. Hewlett High School Reviews
I had a pretty great high school experience at George W. Hewlett High School. The school has great courses with caring and dedicated teachers. There are multiple opportunities to improve as a student and get in involved. With the after school clubs and sports, it's easy to call yourself a Bulldog!
The school, academically is really incredible. Opportunities are plentiful in numerous academic and artistic fields such as Theatre, Arts, Science, History and more. Diversity is not great and neither as culture as there is not much school pride and alot of individual competitiveness within classes. Administration and Safety is always kept up especially in the modern climate of concern, the staff is usually always on top of it and I have not have had bad moments with the administration as of yet. Additionally the classes are extremely diverse as there are options for all student types which include the numerous AP, college and honor classes of which some have job specialization. Overall the school is great academically but does have numerous things to workout.
I have gone to Hewlett High school for 3 years and it was the best experience of my life! I was exposed to amazing people who taught me new things everyday! All my teachers were the best and ensured that all the students understood the topics being covered. I was also able to graduate 1 year early from Hewlett High school with the help of my guidance counselor because I had enough high school credits! It is an amazing school and if I was still in high school, I would be loving it!