George Stevens Academy is a private, boarding school located in Blue Hill, ME. It has 324 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. Tuition is $51,900 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 85% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+34 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-19 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- B12 Students
- A+11 Students
- C+11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
George Stevens Academy Reviews
GSA provides an amazing platform from which to spring into an Ivy League or little Ivy League school. Without GSA, I would not be where I am. There is no other school like this one - extremely unique and very artsy (while still providing excellent sports programs and clubs). I loved the Independent Study and Internship Program!
This school is a unique, close-knit, diverse (for Maine) community. If you have any interest in the arts (be it music, theater or visual art), this is the school for you! Very artsy, while still providing academic rigor and all the athletic opportunities.
It's a pretty okay school, I guess. There's definitely a big divide between many of the students, including the international students, who tend to stick together- which is understandable. Academics are pretty good, and there are a bunch of AP courses you can take. Seems to be kind of going downhill though, my freshman year I feel like it was a super nice wholesome community and now I feel disconnected from a lot of it. I enjoyed going to school here though, I would much rather go here than Bucksport or Ellsworth. #bringbackGSA'smurals #andfourdaysofArtsFest