COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Visit our Back to School Headquarters to learn more about George School's response to COVID-19 and our plan for the new school year. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade B minus
A global school with local roots, George School is a Quaker, co-ed boarding and day high school in Newtown, PA. Convenient to New York City and Philadelphia, the school is located on a picturesque 240-acre campus.
George School is an experienced leader in education, offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma program and nearly 20 Advanced Placement courses. Students are immersed in learning across all disciplines in a rigorous yet personalized curriculum.
Students participate in 25 different team sports and take physical wellness classes in state-of-the-art facilities. George School’s three-season equestrian program combines athleticism and horsemanship for novice and advanced riders.
George School graduates attend the most selective colleges and universities worldwide, and become confident and capable leaders rooted in self-awareness, self-sufficiency, and the ability to listen deeply to others.
George School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+98 Students
- grade A+91 Students
- grade A+70 Students
- grade A56 Students
- grade A+55 Students
- grade A51 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade A+47 Students
International Baccalaureate at George School
George School is one of a few boarding schools in the United States offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. Students pursuing an IB diploma enroll in the rigorous and rewarding two-year curriculum at the start of their junior year. George School students have maintained a diploma success rate of 95% over the past ten years, one of the world's highest.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
- Student Council Weekend19%
- Winter Formal19%
- Live Music Weekend17%
- Senior Week15%
- Harvest Weekend8%
- Football games6%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses