grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Genoa Central High School is a public school located in Texarkana, AR. It has 357 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Genoa Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus87 Students
- grade B minus62 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade A minus51 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade B minus41 Students
- grade C+34 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade C+30 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Spirit Week33%
- Basketball games17%
- Rival Week17%
- See you at the pole17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,856 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Genoa Central High School
- grade C+Fouke High School
- Fouke School District, AR
- Rating 3.23 out of 5 40 reviews
- grade BArkansas High School
- Texarkana School District, AR
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 130 reviews
- grade B minusLiberty-Eylau High School
- Liberty-Eylau Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 130 reviews
- grade A minusPleasant Grove High School
- Pleasant Grove Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 93 reviews
Genoa Central High School Reviews
Rating 3.58 out of 5 38 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved Genoa! It was one of the best experiences of my life and I most definitely recommend sending your kids here. I started going to Genoa in middle school, and middle school is a weird time for everyone. Middle school is just a weird time in life, I think in everybody's life. And I'm almost positive anyone will agree with me. All the students were, are, so welcoming to new students. I was terrified to start a new school, I knew no one. In my first class everyone was so nice, they were talking to me, offering me a sticky note, which I thought was a big deal, it really let you know if people liked you.
Genoa Central is a small school in a small community. Of course, high school teaching and academics are completely different from when I was in school, but the teachers knew all the kids and did most everything capable to help students succeed. My three children attended Genoa Central as well, and I would say the same for the teachers there now. My childeren started at Genoa Elementary and Graduated there like me. The school has grown to better serve the community and the students attending the school by offering programs leading to sucsessful careers in their futures. These programs range from academic to vocational. Very proud to be a graduate of Genoa Cental.
I have attended Genoa Central Schools since I was in pre-k. All of my teachers have been great, their goal is to prepare you for college. We have a school resources officer and he does the best job. Our clubs and activities are super involved and competitive. Our facilities could be a little nice but with our budget in our community it works for us. Science and technology programs are always improving here. Parents have become less involved the past few years. Our sports department for varsity teams is better than the lower level sports. Our administration is good at their job, however they all think the same.