Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Geneseo High School is a highly rated, public school located in Geneseo, IL. It has 828 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Geneseo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- C+73 Students
- B+70 Students
- A66 Students
- A53 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-46 Students
- A-35 Students
- B30 Students
- B+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Geneseo High School
- BErie High School
- Erie Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 79 reviews
- B-Riverdale Senior High School
- Riverdale Community Unit School District No. 100, IL
- 38 reviews
- BOrion High School
- Orion Community Unit School District No. 223, IL
- 55 reviews
- B+Annawan High School
- Annawan Community Unit School District No. 226, IL
- 7 reviews
Geneseo High School Reviews
I liked the fact that this school offers a lot of Advanced Placement and Dual Credit courses. These were great opportunities to prepare me for college. However, I disliked the fact that I felt awkward walking into the building every day. One other student and I were the only two people that weren’t white in our graduating class. You could tell we were constantly being judged. The diversity of the school and the narrow mindset of the individuals here must change. I didn’t like this and it affected my time here at Geneseo High School.
Geneseo High School is an amazing educational facility. Your well being and education is always held in high regard. The teachers are kind, caring, and always willing to help you with problems in or out of the classroom. The atmosphere is always good and I always feel safe on school grounds. The only problem with our school is that it’s pretty secluded from the rest of the world and there is very little diversity, but with a small town this is very common.
My experience at Geneseo High School has been amazing. All of my teachers are there for me and want me to succeed both in and out of the classroom. Along with our intense curriculum, they have greatly prepared me for college and my future. There are also so many opportunities to get involved with the school. There is something for everyone to join and if you want to make a new club it is very easy to do so. The only thing I would say is poor in GHS is the fact that we are a very small rural town, so we are very enclosed in our small community and don’t have the experience of larger more diverse cities.