Genesee High School is a public school located in GENESEE, MI. It has 303 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Genesee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C33 Students
- B-28 Students
- B26 Students
- A17 Students
- A+17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- C-12 Students
- B11 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Genesee High School
- CBentley Senior High School
- Bentley Community School District, MI
- 39 reviews
- C+Atherton Jr. / Sr. High School
- Atherton Community Schools, MI
- 18 reviews
- C+Hill-McCloy High School
- Montrose Community Schools, MI
- 75 reviews
- CLakeville High School
- Lakeville Community School District, MI
- 95 reviews
Genesee High School Reviews
There are so many options of school clubs to be part of and if it isn't there you can create it! Student council, class officers, Honor Society, band.
Because the school is so small, the teachers are engaged with the students academics and personal life. Several teachers are coaches or attend sporting events. They work around personal problems and try to help you if they can. They always have things planned out and are willing to find time outside of class to help you if needed.
Sports programs are getting better. We have strong athletes, but I wish more people participated. A lot of people come to support, but it is hard to get people to join the extra curricular activities. The people we do have is great, though.