Genesee Early College is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Flint, MI. It has 197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 28 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Genesee Early College Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-33 Students
- A+29 Students
- A17 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+14 Students
- B10 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- A-6 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Genesee Early College
- BDavison High School
- Davison Community Schools, MI
- 236 reviews
- B-Lake Fenton High School
- Lake Fenton Community Schools, MI
- 87 reviews
- C-Southwestern Classical Academy
- Flint Public Schools, MI
- 186 reviews
- C-Hamady Community High School
- Westwood Heights Schools, MI
- 135 reviews
Genesee Early College Reviews
I used to love the school from 9th-10th grade, but then a bunch of the teachers left and bunch of things have changed and it just doesn't seem as homey as it used to. The environment just feels unhappy, and I feel like it could have been because of the building move. When I first came to the school everyone told us that we would still get the high school experience, but I haven't felt that way yet. The academics are great though and they have prepared me well for college.
This is a very challenging school. It is extremely difficult to get a high GPA; however, it is worth it. Universities know this is a tough school, so if you do well, you will definitely stand out. Plus you can earn up to 60 free college credits! I have been accepted to a top ranked university, and I feel well prepared to attend. I recommend GEC to anyone that wants to expand their knowledge with a staff that genuinely cares.
Genesee Early College was one of the best decisions I made. I will be graduating with 52 college credits through UM Flint because of Genesee Early College. This school has saved me lots of money and has definitely allowed me to grow as a person, by expanding my education and knowledge about life. Although it was a high paced curriculum, it was very challenging, and it affected many peoples' GPA's everyone that has graduated from GEC has benefited greatly in many ways.