General McLane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+102 Students
- A+70 Students
- A56 Students
- B+53 Students
- B+38 Students
- B35 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-21 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like General McLane High School
- A-Fort Leboeuf Senior High School
- Fort LeBoeuf School District, PA
- 134 reviews
- AFairview High School
- Fairview School District, PA
- 122 reviews
- C+Seneca High School
- Wattsburg Area School District, PA
- 89 reviews
- A+Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
- Erie City School District, PA
- 302 reviews
General McLane High School Reviews
Review General McLane High School
After withdrawing from the university I initially attended after high school, I took a year-long break. The academic experience disillusioned me. I am now a junior at a private liberal arts college, studying a passion high school teachers nurtured in me-- English. I'm still not sure what the "real world" is, exactly. It seems to take on different forms. The transition from closely monitored activity to self- and peer-directed groups and communities has been stressful and disappointing. Accomplishing extracurricular goals takes more initiative, perseverance, and convincing than I was led to believe. It's challenging to motivate students to show up to activities, let alone engage. Aside from that, academics are not as rigorous as they were in high school, but they do require deeper thought and consideration. I felt prepared to take on my professors as mentors because of the personal bonds I established with my high school teachers.
At General Mclane, the teachers are the best possible quality they can be. Their styles are all uniquely different, and they all have an incredible amount of knowledge of the area they teach in. They have exceptional communication skills, and intereact well with the students on a regular basis.
Our extra curricular activites are some of the best in not just the area, but both PA and nationally, as well. Our music program is widely considered the best in PA, recieving many nominations for grammy awards. Also, our sports are some of the best as well, as we are the only school in PA to win both the PIAA football and basketball championships in the same year (2006).