Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
General McLane High School is an above average, public school located in Edinboro, PA. It has 698 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
General McLane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+171 Students
- A+124 Students
- A114 Students
- B111 Students
- B73 Students
- B50 Students
- B-43 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responses
- School prep rallys and dances38%
- Anything to with BAND or PHOTOGRAPHY!!24%
- Baseball and other sports10%
- GMHS Broadway Dinner5%
- Spirit Week5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like General McLane High School
- B+Fort Leboeuf Senior High School
- Fort LeBoeuf School District, PA
- 143 reviews
- AFairview High School
- Fairview School District, PA
- 146 reviews
- C+Seneca High School
- Wattsburg Area School District, PA
- 104 reviews
- A+Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
- Erie City School District, PA
- 364 reviews
General McLane High School Reviews
It was a great school. The campus was sprawling, and nearly everything was state of the art, if not applicable to society today. The arts classes saw particularly good attention, with numerous art studios, and a fully fleshed out marching band and choir. Computer science was a little lacking, but the scientific field also saw considerable attention, with numerous supplies on hand for classes to work with. One of the teachers allowed for working with actual chemicals, provided all safety procedures were followed. I also never saw any issues involving bullying or other issues. All sports saw at least one club or team, With the football team being particularly prideful about. AP classes are also offered for college readiness. The cafeteria almost always had good food. Overall, I'm glad to have gone, and I'm glad my education was so well done.
General McLane High School contains friendly and helpful faculty that want to see each student fulfill their full potential. Each teacher gives so much effort every single day, offering helpful advice and instruction. Indeed, the teachers and staff are what makes General McLane so great. In addition, the school itself provides many opportunities in sports, academics, and other extracurricular activities. The school is very well kept and is a safe environment for any student.
It has nice people and great teachers! They’re always looking to make improvements and to help students.