Gen. Douglas MacArthur Senior High School
- LEVITTOWN, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Gen. Douglas MacArthur Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in LEVITTOWN, NY. It has 1,301 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+176 Students
- grade B+176 Students
- grade B147 Students
- grade B+144 Students
- grade A minus123 Students
- grade B113 Students
- grade B minus111 Students
- grade C+103 Students
- grade A+102 Students
- grade C79 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Gen. Douglas MacArthur Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 95 responses
- Pink out game20%
- Staff/student sporting events17%
- Theatrical Performances12%
- Honor societies11%
- Challenger League Basketball5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$28,016 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 39 responses
Schools like Gen. Douglas MacArthur Senior High School
- grade ADivision Avenue Senior High School
- Levittown Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 243 reviews
- grade A minusLindenhurst Senior High School
- Lindenhurst Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 289 reviews
- grade A minusSeaford Senior High School
- Seaford Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 78 reviews
- grade A minusBabylon Junior/Senior High School
- Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 77 reviews
Gen. Douglas MacArthur Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.91 out of 5 227 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have been a general for four years and let me just say it was the best four years of my life so far. Being a student at MacArthur as not only taught me so much, but I made so many friends along the way. My teachers were the most attentive, knowledgeable and kind people I have ever met, they are always there for everyone and anyone. The teachers really do want you to succeed and it's amazing to see their involvement with the students. Mr. Sheehan knows and recognizes each and every student as they walk in school on a bright and early day and never fails to make us smile! The staff at MacArthur are one of a kind they make sure that you always feel welcomed and accepted at school! Playing season sports were like no other, the coaches were amazing, each one taught me values and made our team a family. I’m beyond devastated that my high school career is coming to an end, I will truly miss everyone at this school, even Ellie the hallway monitor! Once a general always a general!
Overall MacArthur High School is great! The teachers really do want you to succeed and it’s amazing to see their involvement with the students. They treat them like their own kids and it’s just an amazing feeling. The school is limited on resources but makes the best of what they got, they will make sure you’re involve in as many school activities as they have. They students have outstanding school pride with their chant “Mac Pride Never Dies!”. The environment inside the school something you’ll never forget. Seeing all students come together for anything is absolutely eye opening, regardless of being in school or out of school.
Over the past four years that I’ve spent at MacArthur, I’ve had predominantly positive experiences. The teachers here are (for the most part) well-educated, and the classes are interesting and diverse. The main issues are the guidance department, as scheduling is always a major issue, especially for kids who take AP classes. I know many people who weren’t able to take many of the classes they wanted to because of the school’s refusal to run certain classes and because of the overlap between class periods. Additionally, this school is overwhelmingly full of white, straight, cisgender students and teachers. Because of this, many of the people who fit into minority groups have faced some type of discrimination at some point, and many do not feel comfortably expressing their true selves.