Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
GCMS High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gibson City, IL. It has 300 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
GCMS High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+56 Students
- B-51 Students
- A+32 Students
- B20 Students
- A-18 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A-13 Students
- B-13 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like GCMS High School
- BPaxton-Buckley-Loda High School
- Paxton-Buckley-Loda Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 33 reviews
- B+Ridgeview High School
- Ridgeview Community Unit School District No. 19, IL
- 35 reviews
- BFisher Junior/Senior High School
- Fisher Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 36 reviews
- BRantoul Township High School
- Public School
- Rantoul, IL
- 60 reviews
GCMS High School Reviews
GCMS is an amazing school. The teachers are all willing to help you when you need help. There are many different sports and different clubs. I wish they were more clubs based on what students want though. The school is extremely welcoming and I love GCMS. They keep the school really clean, and the students participate regularly with school spirit and with helping others out.
The teachers there were very supportive and the classes helped me learn a lot. The school also had a very nice community of students and faculty who were all very supportive. One thing that was really cool was that if you were a senior with good grades you could leave during lunch and study hall. This was very nice if you didn’t want to eat at school or if you wanted to go home during study hall. The whole community felt very safe and welcoming, and even as a new student who only moved there for the last year of high school, I felt instantly accepted. Altogether a great place to go to high school. Although, it could possibly have used a few more parking spots.
At GCMS, there is nothing that needs to be changed. They over a wide variety of classes so that every student can discover there likes and dislikes for their future careers. GCMS is also a very positive and welcoming environment.