Gaylord High School is a public, magnet school located in Gaylord, MI. It has 991 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Gaylord High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B77 Students
- A66 Students
- B+53 Students
- B-40 Students
- B39 Students
- B37 Students
- A+37 Students
- B25 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Gaylord High School
- B-Johannesburg-Lewiston High School
- Johannesburg-Lewiston Area Schools, MI
- 35 reviews
- C+Boyne Falls Public School
- Boyne Falls Public School District, MI
- 20 reviews
- CWolverine Middle/High School
- Wolverine Community School District, MI
- 5 reviews
- NGVanderbilt Area School
- Vanderbilt Area Schools, MI
- PK, K-12
Gaylord High School Reviews
My experience at Gaylord High School was good. I met some of my life long friends there and had a blast along the way. Watching some of my good friends compete in our competitive sports was definitely a highlight. However, I wish Gaylord High School provided me with more tools to prepare me for college. I’ve had to go in after class to get information I needed to prepare myself for the future instead of just learning it in class. Overall I enjoyed my time at Gaylord High School involving myself in clubs and after school activities like the mentor program that helps incoming freshman and being apart of basketball my freshman and sophomore years.
I like all the opportunities at Gaylord High to do anything your heart desires and not feel ashamed for it. There is a great attitude for school spirit and students around me are always working to make it better. Even though we have great school spirit, the teachers can be a little rude and overwhelmingly bad at their jobs in instances. Other than that, great school!
I'm an incoming freshmen, and I can tell it may be a great year. The school is prganized and the classes seem awesome. Teachers are just your average teachers but they're great at what they do.