Gaylord High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Gaylord, MI. It has 991 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Gaylord High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+77 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-39 Students
- B38 Students
- B36 Students
- A+34 Students
- B-23 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-21 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Gaylord High School
- B-Johannesburg-Lewiston High School
- Johannesburg-Lewiston Area Schools, MI
- 34 reviews
- B-Boyne Falls Public School
- Boyne Falls Public School District, MI
- 19 reviews
- C+Wolverine Middle/High School
- Wolverine Community School District, MI
- 5 reviews
- NGVanderbilt Area School
- Vanderbilt Area Schools, MI
- PK, K-12
Gaylord High School Reviews
I like all the opportunities at Gaylord High to do anything your heart desires and not feel ashamed for it. There is a great attitude for school spirit and students around me are always working to make it better. Even though we have great school spirit, the teachers can be a little rude and overwhelmingly bad at their jobs in instances. Other than that, great school!
Gaylord High School offers some of the best teachers around though there are a few exceptions. Our Maths, Science, and English scores are the best in our area, and we consistently score better than the national average in tests in the same areas. Personally, the teachers I have had over the last few years for Chemistry, English Language, World History, and Chemistry have been the best educators I have ever had. However, some of the teachers the run the smaller elective classes could be much better, and the poor teachers we have had for our physics classes have resulted in the class being canceled. However, overall Gaylord's teachers are great.
Gaylord High School, located in Northern Michigan, is a very safe school. Never have there been any serious threats toward the school, nor are there very many instances of fights or bullying during the school day. Regarding health programs at the school, I was recently on a board overseeing the creation of a new health clinic located at the school, providing students with many of the functions that are normally reserved for a proper doctors office. All in all, there Gaylord does very well to protect its students from any types of threats, whether they be external or internal.