Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Gaylord High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Gaylord, MI. It has 1,025 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 2% in reading.
Gaylord High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A111 Students
- B105 Students
- B+88 Students
- B75 Students
- A+71 Students
- B-63 Students
- B56 Students
- B-40 Students
- B+38 Students
- B+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Gaylord High School
- C+Johannesburg-Lewiston High School
- Johannesburg-Lewiston Area Schools, MI
- 37 reviews
- C+Boyne Falls Public School
- Boyne Falls Public School District, MI
- 23 reviews
- CWolverine Middle/High School
- Wolverine Community School District, MI
- 6 reviews
- NGVanderbilt Area School
- Vanderbilt Area Schools, MI
Gaylord High School Reviews
My experience at Gaylord high school has been average. I would not say anything was majorly exceptional about the school, but certainly there is nothing terrible. I enjoy that the school is focused on the students, however, I feel that it is slightly biased towards certain groups of students and does play favorites. Also, I enjoy the new facilities we received for football, soccer and track, but I am disappointed that the school does not provide much funding for other sports; such as the swim team. Furthermore, Gaylord is the opposite of a diverse community. The community consists mostly of white/caucastions leaving little room for students to experience diverse cultures. Lastly, I would say that the math, science and technology classes offered at Gaylord High school are largely varied. To conclude, Gaylord High school is an average school. There is not much that allows it to stand out or be different, but there also is not anything that would make it a terrible place to learn.
I graduated from Gaylord High School in 2019, and I will always miss the time I was in high school. The teachers prepare you to be ready for college and they offer many challenging courses. They also offer many cool classes like going to tutor at elementary schools and horticulture classes where you can learn about and grow plants. Sports were always a huge part of my high school life and I wish I could play them again. I played football, baseball, and basketball throughout my time in high school. The school size is not too big or too small and the kids tend to know everyone which was nice.
I’m a senior at Gaylord High School And I’ve gone here since I was in 7th grade. At first it was a pretty good school but it’s gotten worse and worse. The big problem here is bullying, none of the teachers do anything about bullying and it’s ridiculous. Some of the teachers are very rude to their students, and they focus more on the dress codes and other unimportant rules than the bullying and academics. But the school does do alright with giving a fair amount of opportunities for the students although not as many as it could.