Gautier High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gautier, MS. It has 859 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Gautier High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+229 Students
- A-197 Students
- B-194 Students
- B180 Students
- A-165 Students
- A88 Students
- B-87 Students
- C+82 Students
- B+81 Students
- A-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Gautier High School
- B+Pascagoula High School
- Pascagoula Gautier School District, MS
- 181 reviews
- ABiloxi High School
- Biloxi Public School District, MS
- 214 reviews
- A-St. Martin High School
- Jackson County School District, MS
- 217 reviews
- AOcean Springs High School
- Ocean Springs School District, MS
- 285 reviews
Gautier High School Reviews
I've attended Gautier High since my freshman year. They school spirit is very contagious. We are a B rated school, but most teachers here at Gautier High care about their students and will do almost anything to help students if they actually want to help. Our counselors do a lot to make sure we will be successful after graduating. They have college fairs, college application days, act boot camps, have college tours for college and career ready students and we even have a free act that all juniors take every year during school. When those scores get back students will get a check leading up to $150.00 depending on their score. Here at Gautier High we have 6 college accredited classes, and 10+ vocational classes. Completion of the classes can lead to internships at SRFCU, Ingalls, and many other businesses. Completion of the Health Science program also allows students to graduate as a CNA or a Pharmacy tech
As a student. I think Gautier High School is very good in aspects such as the Administration and is somewhat decent as to overall academics as I do not consider a "24" on the ACT to be the overall benchmark of what to strive for as far as test scores go. The other problem I have personally noticed over the years is the lack of representation from out of state schools as far as the college fair that they host every year in November goes. Parent involvement is non-existent as the PTO is rarely mentioned on both the morning and afternoon announcements. Overall, Gautier High school is one of the "better" schools out there compared to those of neighboring cities such as Moss Point or even their closest rival, Pascagoula.
My experience at Gautier High was the best experience I believe I could have ever had. Walking into the school for the first time was scary but that's normal for any freshman just coming into high school. The students and faculty here welcome you with open arms and immediately begin to help you begin on the right path here. Gautier is a mixture of different kids and teachers, which personally I loved. There is of course a couple of problems which is everywhere I mean that is expected in any school, but our teachers, and administrators make sure that the problem that our school had was solved in the matter of minutes. Everything that went wrong was addressed as soon as someone was made alert of the situation , and that's another thing I loved about my school. Overall my high school experience was amazing and I'm happy my parents chose this school for me.