Gateway Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Monroeville, PA. It has 1,179 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Gateway Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A164 Students
- A+109 Students
- A-74 Students
- B-73 Students
- B53 Students
- B-49 Students
- A+48 Students
- C46 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Gateway Senior High School
- BSteel Valley High School
- Steel Valley School District, PA
- 92 reviews
- BRiverview High School
- Riverview School District, PA
- 72 reviews
- A-Baldwin Senior High School
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District, PA
- 250 reviews
- BBrentwood Senior High School
- Brentwood Borough School District, PA
- 81 reviews
Gateway Senior High School Reviews
Gateway definitely attempts to develop a rounded out experience for all students that walk through their doors. The educational plans are set to develop one for college from freshman year, much of the staff is dedicated to seeing their students succeed, and the administration has been attempting to listen to the staff and students more in recent years and fix the issues brought up. I would like for the current student culture to be fixed, though, as overall the student body is rude and exponentially growing worse with every new grade. It is common place for rude things to be said about a teacher behind their back and bullying is not dealt with well enough for it to stop. Administration sometimes cannot even communicate well with staff and/or students.
I am currently finishing up my senior year here at Gateway. I personally feel, that I've had a great four years of high school, because of the teachers here, the students. The teachers her are dedicated to their work and always want to see you succeed. The district does well with afterschool tutoring for students who are struggling and they offer challenging AP/Honors courses that certainly prepare you for your next step after high school. Whether you graduate right after or move on to college, Gateway ranks top in our region in academics and surely prepares you for the future. What I also like about Gateway, is the diversity in our district. We are one of the most diverse schools in our area, and I like this, because I make friends with people of different races and ethnicities and I have the opportunity to learn from them.
Gateway Senior High school is a great school! It provides top- notch education from teachers who are obviously passionate about education. Things to improve could be overall behavior (especially in hallways) and lack of reprimands to those who behave poorly.