Gateway Regional High School is a public school located in Huntington, MA. It has 217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Gateway Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A51 Students
- C+43 Students
- A+16 Students
- C+16 Students
- C+13 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-11 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Gateway Regional High School
- BHampshire Regional High School
- Public School
- Westhampton, MA
- 68 reviews
- BWestfield High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- 198 reviews
- BEasthampton High School
- Easthampton Public Schools, MA
- 129 reviews
- BSouth Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 69 reviews
Gateway Regional High School Reviews
Again, due to the small student population, attending school at Gateway Regional feels like I have attended school with family. The student body can't afford cliques because there simply isn't enough people to from definitive groups. In addition, the rural communities surrounding the school put distance between many of the students, so school is the one place where we can see faces from other towns. I feel everybody knows everybody and can't imagine having it any other way.
What makes this school a great school is that during a students Senior year, you get to choose dual-enrollment and you can attend up to 4 free courses at Springfield Technical Community College either online or on campus. This opportunity really helps you save almost $2,000 or more (depending on the cost of course) on the 4 courses and also it helps you interact with college and college students. What I really would prefer is that the school would allow that during Junior year so students would save up on 8 courses instead of 4.
Our school has a small student population as compared to other high schools in the state. As a result, the teachers are better able to focus in depth on students that need help--and even when they don't need it. There are a variety of teaching styles ranging from university or college professor to freer, more open classroom environments.