Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Gatesville High School is an above average, public school located in Gatesville, TX. It has 840 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Gatesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B79 Students
- A+76 Students
- B72 Students
- B+71 Students
- A+65 Students
- A55 Students
- A-46 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-33 Students
- C+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Gatesville High School Reviews
The teachers and students at gatesville high school are what make it for me. Without the school spirit and athleticism our students have, then it wouldn’t be a fun school. The teachers are also great, they love their students and enjoy connecting with them. Their teaching styles are ones that help everyone rather than a few. Over the past few years, a school board has been elected and they have enforced strict rules on dress code and prefer traditional paper over technology. The dress code is by far the worst though. You cannot have holes in pants above the knees and shorts must be below fingertip length despite many people having long arms and cannot wear clothes such as Nike shorts.
I enjoyed many things here, the choir program, the Library. Recently we started renovations and rebuilding the school. I also enjoy the diverse personalities we have amongst the Gatesville staff. While we experience renovations and rebuilding of the school, many of the things I wish would change will be met. However, the change I want to see most in, is our library's updation.
The Gatesville Independent School District (GISD) it a good-balanced public school that offers good opportunity in career fields. The school district offers: Construction/Architecture, Agriculture (Farming), Business and Industries, Automotive Technology, Culinary Arts, and NOW introducing Medical Science and Law Enforcement. This school district is always expanding each year from an additional class period to renovating the facility to introduce more types of courses. The faculty is great, the student council is highly involved with the school as a whole to improve student life. The changes I would like to see done with the school is to enhance security and college readiness.