Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Gaston Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Gaston, OR. It has 297 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Gaston Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-40 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-25 Students
- B24 Students
- C+21 Students
- B21 Students
- B20 Students
- B+15 Students
- A9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Gaston Junior/Senior High School
- B-Newberg Senior High School
- Newberg School District, OR
- 255 reviews
- BMcMinnville High School
- McMinnville School District, OR
- 269 reviews
- B-Dayton High School
- Dayton School District, OR
- 86 reviews
- BForest Grove High School
- Forest Grove School District, OR
- 314 reviews
Gaston Junior/Senior High School Reviews
It was a lot of fun and most everyone is rather lovely and community-oriented. The kids are mostly kind to one another and the teachers are usually always excited to help with whatever the student needs, whether it's directly relevant to the course or not. They have new buildings and a lot of manufacturing tools, which also leads to very exciting projects that the students can start (and even designated courses). Very close to a grocery store as well and allows off-campus lunches (at least when I had gone). Generally, is a very quaint little community that is very welcoming and happy to interact with one another (e.g. during sport games and afterwards when everyone heads to the church to play games and have fun).
I transfered to Gaston high school my sophomore year and was welcomed with open arms. Throughout my time at Gaston, I have learned that this school is very different from most. Gaston is a family. I came from a significantly larger school than Gaston, and was pleasantly surprise by the love I received from the community and the school, a love that most people can't receive at larger schools.
Gaston's focus is to graduate kids as fast as possible, ensuring their "success" by cutting corners & in the process neglecting these children ability to test their limits intellectually. Any science AP courses are a waste of money and you will need to teach yourself the AP-level material if you want a passing score.