Gaston Day students are all connected by tradition and a strong sense of pride in their school.
We offer an experience that goes far beyond what an ordinary curriculum can.
Founded in 1967, Gaston Day School is a nonsectarian, college-preparatory school for grades Preschool through 12 with approximately 500 students and 65 full and part-time faculty and staff.
Gaston Day attracts students from a five county area including Gaston, Mecklenburg, Lincoln, Cleveland, and York and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Academic excellence has become the school’s hallmark: the lower and middle schools score in the top half of the nation’s independent schools on standardized tests; SAT scores on critical reading and math are consistently Gaston County’s highest; and our AP test pass rate is over 80%. Athletics and the fine arts remain integral to the comprehensive education that the school provides.
Gaston Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+36 Students
- A+26 Students
- A23 Students
- A-20 Students
- A17 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- A+12 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses