COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Garrison Forest School has been open and providing in-person learning for five days a week for all grades for the majority of the 2020-21 school year. Hybrid learning is also happening. While visits to our campus are currently limited, please visit our website to see current information for prospective families. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A minus
Chat with Parents
At Garrison Forest School, we recognize every girl has a unique path to success, and our community is built around supporting and empowering her through her journey. We help each girl find her individual path, give her space and support to explore and grow and challenge her in ways that develop her authentic voice. Our graduates leave GFS ready to serve and shape the world with confidence, creativity and integrity.
Our motto, Esse Quam Videri, To Be Rather Than To Seem,has united our community since the school's founding in 1910. Today, it inspires our core values—Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Compassionate, Be Curious and Be Spirited—and guides how our students and faculty teach and learn, connect and collaborate, serve and succeed.
With an academic philosophy focused on the specific needs of young women, a campus that encourages creative learning and a joyful community spirit that lifts up each girl, Garrison Forest is a place where girls innovate, create and lead with confidence.
Lower School - Last Day of Classes
Upper School - Last Day of Classes
Garrison Forest School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A62 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade A+33 Students
- grade A+29 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade A minus24 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade A+22 Students
Women in Science and Engineering (WISE)
The Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) program, a unique partnership between Garrison Forest and Johns Hopkins University, matches talented GFS students with a Hopkins mentor and places them in a Hopkins research lab for a semester. More than just working on world-class research projects, WISE is an opportunity to dive into your passions for STEM and truly become a contributor in a real lab.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
- Lights and Darks25%
- Ring Dance18%
- Spirit Week11%
- Peer Ed7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Garrison Forest School Reviews
Additionally, in this challenging time of pivoting to online learning at certain points, GFS has excelled in maintaining the rigorous academics in every single subject area. Garrison Forest is a special school where girls thrive in all ways!