Garretson High School is an above average, public school located in Garretson, SD. It has 140 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 84.5% of students are at least proficient in math and 74.5% in reading.
Garretson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B32 Students
- B+22 Students
- B13 Students
- B-10 Students
- A9 Students
- B-9 Students
- B6 Students
- A+5 Students
- B+4 Students
- C+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Garretson High School
- BDell Rapids High School
- Dell Rapids School District, SD
- 50 reviews
- B+Luverne Senior High School
- Luverne Public School District, MN
- 35 reviews
- A-Brandon Valley High School
- Brandon Valley School District, SD
- 194 reviews
- C+Baltic High School
- Baltic School District, SD
- 13 reviews
Garretson High School Reviews
Garretson School District is a small school in a wonderful community. The involvement of not only the students but the people in the community is very high when it comes to school activities. In the small town, you come to know your teachers and other faculty members very well which builds that community foundation. My experience at Garretson High School has been very good. I have enjoyed getting to know my classmates and teachers very well. The one thing I would like to see change would be easier access to a variety of classes.
I am a senior at Garretson right now and honestly, we have new renovations at the school. We are recently dealing with a Walk Out cancellation. The principal is receiving some backlash for canceling it. Otherwise, administrative tends to favor certain students.
My overall experience at this school has been pretty great! I would have to say one unique thing about my school is that everyone gets along and there is barely any drama. This makes school and our events more fun because there aren't any rifts between any of us. If I had a chance to start over here, I would and I would even send my kids here because it is a great school and community to live in.