Garfield Heights High School is a public school located in Garfield Heights, OH. It has 1,289 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Garfield Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B157 Students
- B139 Students
- B-114 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-82 Students
- B80 Students
- C+77 Students
- B68 Students
- A48 Students
- B+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Garfield Heights High School
- CBedford High School
- Bedford City School District, OH
- 250 reviews
- B-Brooklyn High School
- Brooklyn City School District, OH
- 87 reviews
- C+Parma High School
- Parma City School District, OH
- 214 reviews
- CJames Ford Rhodes High School
- Cleveland Municipal School District, OH
- 109 reviews
Garfield Heights High School Reviews
My experience with Garfield Heights High School is mixed. On one hand most of the teachers are excellent and very friendly to be around. They seem to really care and try their hardest. On the other hand, most of the students aren't very focused on academics. The few who are have their own friend group outside of the rest and all get along quite well. There are also an abundance of extracurriculars to pursue and enjoy.
The help and courage of the teachers that stood up for kids who were afraid to talk. Everyone in Garfield has a voice and if your afraid to voice your opinion they make sure its something you can do to be heard. No matter if its book reading to kids, face painting, a walk for cancer awareness they make sure your voice is heard and no opinion goes unheard EVER.
Garfield Heights High School is a high school that is more focused on making sure you graduate rather than making sure you understand your curriculum. Some of the teachers should be required to take more communication training and the “security” does not know how to safely handle the children that attend.