Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Gardner Edgerton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gardner, KS. It has 1,632 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Gardner Edgerton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-353 Students
- A-270 Students
- B+201 Students
- B149 Students
- B+139 Students
- B-107 Students
- B104 Students
- B72 Students
- B+71 Students
- B+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Gardner Edgerton High School
- B+Spring Hill High School
- Spring Hill Unified School District, KS
- 154 reviews
- A-Eudora High School
- Eudora Unified School District, KS
- 89 reviews
- B+Baldwin High School
- Baldwin City Unified School District, KS
- 120 reviews
- AMill Valley High School
- DeSoto Unified School District, KS
- 326 reviews
Gardner Edgerton High School Reviews
I rate Gardner Edgerton High School four stars because I have had a successful time there. The staff at GEHS is very involved and have a genuine care for each and every one of their students. It is easy to learn from teachers who actually care! These teachers are extremely friendly and are always open to help out in any way possible. Also, there is a phenomenal weight room that is very effective. We also got new athletic coaches and they are very responsible. They make sure that the weight lifters are doing every lift with the right technique. Since the new coach arrivals, there have been less injuries. The students of Gardner Edgerton High School are lucky to attend this school because it is a school of integrity and community service. Most students have the motivation to make the world a better place while improving themselves in the process. Gardner Edgerton High School is a very good school to attend! I cannot wait to finish my senior year there.
I have really enjoyed my experiences with Gardner-Edgerton High School. The reason behind that is the quality of the teaching staff. The teachers ensure that every student is accommodated for in their four years. I have not noticed too much of a bullying problem in Gardner-Edgerton, although there are some drugs, which in the modern American high school is expected. I have met several people who I have grown close with, and have made many memories in football stands and classrooms. I will not walk away from my high-school thinking that these were my greatest years, but it most certainly prepared me for my future in a memorable way.
Gardner Edgerton High School is a perfect balance between crowded inner city high schools and smaller rural high schools. Although it is getting large population wise, the facility and teachers have adapted quite well and continue to produce talented students into the workforce or college. Incidents are far and few, and has a good amount of successful programs, sports, and clubs. Most of the administrative staff is quite well liked by the student population, as they serve to their best ability. Quite generally, the high school and the district as a whole really does accompany Gardner and Edgerton families and town atmospheres. I would not have wanted to go anywhere else to get my diploma. BLAZER NATION