Garden Plain High School is a public school located in Garden Plain, KS. It has 165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Garden Plain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A41 Students
- B-41 Students
- B+27 Students
- B+19 Students
- B18 Students
- B15 Students
- B11 Students
- A11 Students
- A6 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Garden Plain High School
- BAndale High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- 141 reviews
- BCheney High School
- Cheney Unified School District, KS
- 66 reviews
- C+Norwich High School
- Kingman-Norwich Unified School District, KS
- 25 reviews
- B+Eisenhower High School
- Goddard Unified School District, KS
- 27 reviews
Garden Plain High School Reviews
Garden Plain High School seems to be a very sports centered school. After a year at this school, I felt as if I had repeated a grade. I wasn't even trying, and all my grades ended up pretty good. Especially compared to everyone else. They didn't seem to have had the education they needed, because it seemed everything was struggling in almost every class. If there was one thing to change, I would like to see options for more advanced students to be able to learn faster.
We have many clubs with many different options to choose from. And the best part is, is that you can be in as many as you want! Our clubs include, KAYS, SADD, forensics, scholars bowl, STUCCO, band, Rachel's Challenge, Prom committee, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Football, Track, CYM, NHS, drama and many more that I probably missed. The teachers, coaches, and others make all of these clubs enjoyable and provide us with plenty of things to do that will help others out or raising money or making a difference somewhere or for someone. We have a verity of different clubs to choose from that will spark an interest in almost everyone at our school.
My whole overall experience excelled above my expectations. I'm so happy I made the move to Garden Plain my sophomore year of high school.