Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Garden City Senior High School is a public school located in Garden City, KS. It has 2,040 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Garden City Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-389 Students
- A344 Students
- B-299 Students
- A-257 Students
- B245 Students
- B134 Students
- B113 Students
- B80 Students
- B+79 Students
- A55 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 97 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Garden City Senior High School Reviews
I love Garden City High School! There are over 2,200 students and about 22 different languages spoken throughout the halls. We are so diverse and are very good about making everyone feel included. We have different academies in our school based on what we are interested in career wise which is so helpful and beneficial! The teachers do their best to keep us updated on how we are doing in class which is nice. We have so many resources. Sports at Garden is really good with winning our Western Athletic Conference 10 years back to back. We also have amazing facilities for every practice. At GCHS, there are so many clubs and activities you can be involved in such as book club, French club, anime club, student council, etc. You are sure to find your people here. Our music and arts program has got to be one of the best in Kansas. We have so many talented singers, actors and backstage crew members ever. My experience here has been so fun and memorable and I would not change it for the world!
I love attending Garden City High School. There is a wide variety of courses available to all students that fit all areas of interest. They satisfy all areas of need ranging from basic courses to honors, AP, and college classes so those who need a little challenge receive it. The activities and clubs at GCHS range from art to music folkloric dancing to gaming. There is definitely something for everyone, and all students are encouraged to be involved. Plus, there’s an active coffee cart around the school in the mornings and all money earned is donated back to the community!
Garden City High School is very diverse and allows every student to be connected with out many clubs, extracurricular activities, and student lead organizations. The students here act like any other student in the United States; being involved, showing school spirit, and encouraging involvement with every student!