Garden City High School is a top rated, public school located in Garden City, NY. It has 1,115 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Garden City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-71 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-61 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+55 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Garden City High School
- A+Cold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 39 reviews
- A+North Shore Senior High School
- North Shore Central School District, NY
- 118 reviews
- AJohn F. Kennedy High School
- Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District, NY
- 122 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 62 reviews
Garden City High School Reviews
As a senior at GCHS, I can tell from pure experience how amazing this school is. All the teachers are incredibly helpful and truly want to see their students succeeding. The guidance department was outstanding during my college application journey. You will not regret sending your kids to this stellar school!
GCHS has fantastic, rigorous academics that helped me prepare for college and kept me engaged. There are many options for classes and a lot of school pride. Although sports are highly prized in the district, the art and music program is also fantastic and receives recognition. As for changes, there is little to no diversity in the school and few accessible, quality resources for students of color, disabled students, LGBT students, low income students, and students with mental health needs.
Garden City High School has a lot to offer. Students are able to excel academically with passionate teachers and assisting resources provided including math and writing centers during the school day and extra help before and after school. While students are set up for success in the classroom, Garden City High School refuses to address issues of mental health even after a member of the student body committed suicide. The school avoids issues of mental health and fails to help suffering members of the student body. In many cases where bullying has been reported little action has been taken against it, despite the claim the school made by the school that it is anti-bullying community. Overall the teachers are very committed and the variety courses are rigorous but Garden City High School cares more about the number than they do about the student.