Garden City High School is an elite, public school located in Garden City, NY. It has 1,187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Garden City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-59 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+50 Students
- A-47 Students
- A47 Students
- A45 Students
- A44 Students
- A-44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Garden City High School
- ACold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- A+North Shore Senior High School
- North Shore Central School District, NY
- 110 reviews
- AJohn F. Kennedy High School
- Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District, NY
- 113 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 51 reviews
Garden City High School Reviews
Garden City High School has a lot to offer. Students are able to excel academically with passionate teachers and assisting resources provided including math and writing centers during the school day and extra help before and after school. While students are set up for success in the classroom, Garden City High School refuses to address issues of mental health even after a member of the student body committed suicide. The school avoids issues of mental health and fails to help suffering members of the student body. In many cases where bullying has been reported little action has been taken against it, despite the claim the school made by the school that it is anti-bullying community. Overall the teachers are very committed and the variety courses are rigorous but Garden City High School cares more about the number than they do about the student.
The Garden City High School has intensely prepared me for college with rigorous AP courses, and the help is dedicated teachers always taking time out of their day to help and guide you. At my school I have made friendships that will last a lifetime. School events are always well planned and a great time. I know the school has prepared me well for college, but I'm sad to leave it behind.
The educators at my school are the top-notch type. They have really prepared me, personally, for college and my later years of life. Throughout my thirteen years in my district, every single teacher I have had always motivated me to do my best and to succeed inside and outside the classroom. They are the building blocks to my future, and they have been there for me every step of the way, academically and emotionally. If it wasn't for them, my grade point average would not have increased thirteen points higher from my sophomore year to junior year. These people have really pushed me to go above and beyond to make me realize the person I could become, and have become. There are many teachers that have had major experience in and out of my high school, and they really portray that in the classroom. The love and devotion that these people have really shows just by having a smile on his of her face, most of the time if not all. If it's just looking at a page of a book, or reading over an essay, the passion in my teachers eyes really show through. Whether it's an assembly about keeping us safe or a personal story that would really move us, I have been learning from my educators ever since I stepped foot into the district's facilities.