Garaway High School is a public school located in Sugarcreek, OH. It has 519 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Garaway High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+35 Students
- A+35 Students
- B31 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Garaway High School
- CFairless High School
- Fairless Local School District, OH
- 38 reviews
- B-Claymont High School
- Claymont City School District, OH
- 87 reviews
- B+Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B+New Philadelphia High School
- New Philadelphia City School District, OH
- 75 reviews
Garaway High School Reviews
Garaway is a very open environment and the community makes it 10x better! The teachers, staff, and administrators develop close relationships with the students. Not to mention that the atmosphere is very positive and welcoming to any and all people.
I think that it was overall a great time. I think that this school is very sheltered because it is in the middle of a huge Amish community. A lot of the students there are from the Amish background, or have family members who are. I think that this has hindered the knowledge of world, and also just the ability to have a world view. Because when you are not surrounded by diversity, you almost forget that it is there. There needs to be more emphasis on different perspectives. I also think that there are many college prep classes that you can take. As a high school senior i felt very prepared to go to the college level and learn.
What I like about Garaway is the teachers and the marching band. The teachers are helpful and are friendly. The marching band is very talented and puts on a good halftime show. What I would like to change would be the students, we are mean to each other and make fun of each other when our backs are turned. It would be better if we could all get along and bond as a whole school.