- Private, Jewish
- WALTHAM, MA
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Gann Academy is open for in-person school 5 days a week for the 2021-2022 school. All students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 1, 2021.
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A minus
At Gann Academy, our students strive to be their best selves, care for others, and be innovative both inside and outside the classroom. From day one, you’ll become part of a vibrant and diverse community that values individuality and is united by school-wide traditions, values, and Jewish life.
We encourage you to explore our website, read about recent student and alumni accomplishments, and discover why Gann Academy is more than your typical high school.
Gann Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A46 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade A+36 Students
- grade A+35 Students
- grade A+35 Students
- grade A29 Students
- grade A+26 Students
- grade B+26 Students
- grade A25 Students
- grade A+25 Students
Humanities 9 was developed with the twin goals of establishing rigorous expectations for learning and ensuring that every ninth grader finishes the year with a solid and consistent foundation in literacy and inquiry. Students acquire the cognitive, spiritual, and relational abilities that they will need for upper-level disciplinary courses, for college, for careers, and for lifelong learning.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
- Free food22%
- Color War17%
- Exploration Week9%
- Lacrosse games4%
- Ultimate Frisbee Games, Gann vs. Maimo Game4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C
Gann Academy Reviews
Academics: The points of study are interesting, intelligent, and practical. I feel like I am learning something new and important every day. I wholeheartedly appreciate the things I learn and the freedom I have to chose what I want to learn. My love for Gann's academics are only solidified by the teachers.