Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Gallup High School is a public school located in Gallup, NM. It has 884 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 7% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Gallup High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B255 Students
- B-118 Students
- B105 Students
- C+104 Students
- A103 Students
- B103 Students
- B76 Students
- A69 Students
- B-45 Students
- A-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Gallup High School Reviews
Gallup high is a school with great potential due to its staff and administrators. Sometimes it does become bias towards specific activities that may bring in more money. The best part about Gallup high are the teachers and counseling services. On the other end there is a high teacher turn over rate, and turnover rate in the administration (not the principal), and it mostly seems from dissatisfaction, or maybe not a good hiring as they may not fit with the diverse crowd at the school.
My experience at Gallup High was great. I say my experience at Gallup was great because I knew all my classmates, I made a lot of new friends and I joined many fun activities. During my time at Gallup High, I loved basketball season. I enjoyed seeing the community coming together to cheer on the basketball team. One thing that would make Gallup High excellent is adding a well rounded curriculum such as geography, current events. life fitness and nutrition, child development and more.
My personal experience at Gallup High wasn’t all that great. There were some teachers that made it worth coming to school and others made it hard. The kids there were nice, but they also lacked the knowledge of the whole “high school” experience. As for the atmosphere of the school, it was calming and welcoming. The sports that I participated in were very exciting. Especially the girls basketball team. I made friends through the sports that I played and I can say that we have a strong bond. Overall my experience was fun while it lasted, but would I ever go back? That would have to be a hard no because of the hardships I went through to finish out me years.