Galesburg High School is an above average, public school located in Galesburg, IL. It has 1,271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Galesburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-126 Students
- B+82 Students
- B78 Students
- A+73 Students
- A-66 Students
- B+62 Students
- A59 Students
- A-46 Students
- B45 Students
- B+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Galesburg High School
- BUnited High School
- United Community Unit School District No. 304, IL
- PK, 9-12
- 30 reviews
- B-Monmouth-Roseville High School
- Monmouth-Roseville Community Unit School District No. 238, IL
- 78 reviews
- BKnoxville Senior High School
- Knoxville Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 90 reviews
- BROWVA Senior High School
- Rio-Oneida-Wataga-Victoria-Altona (ROWVA) Community Unit School District No. 208, IL
- 62 reviews
Galesburg High School Reviews
Galesburg High School is your typical high school. There are great teachers, bad teachers, and average teachers. I was in the advanced classes and was fortunate to have some of the best teachers. They are all helpful and love what they do. the thing I wished they would fix the most is favoritism. There are some teachers who prefer one type of group more than one and would show favoritism. Although I only experienced this one or twice I know a lot of people who ran into this situation multiple times. I think that this issue will be found in every school, and even in the real world. A lot is about to change for this school. They are adding and changing some things about it. This change will better the school and it will be even more enjoyable.
Galesburg High School is the largest high school in it's area with a variety of academics, extra curriculars and sports available. The honors course is rigorous and provides student with the tools they need for college. The staff is friendly and willing to do anything to see that their students succeed. There are a wide range of extra curriculars, and everyone can find something that interests them. Transferring to Galesburg High School was one of the best decisions I made in my life, and I wouldn't be where I am today without the help from the amazing staff!
GHS has several beloved teachers, but is overall pretty average. Few AP courses are offered, but dual-credit community college courses are available. Athletics are pretty average, and facilities are being renovated currently. Not a bad school but nothing special.