Galena High School is an above average, public school located in Galena, KS. It has 254 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Galena High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+45 Students
- C35 Students
- A20 Students
- A11 Students
- B+11 Students
- A9 Students
- B-9 Students
- C+7 Students
- C+6 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Galena High School
- B-Columbus High School
- Columbus Unified School District, KS
- 32 reviews
- B-Baxter Springs High School
- Baxter Springs Unified School District, KS
- 34 reviews
- BRiverton High School
- Riverton Unified School District, KS
- 36 reviews
- CCommerce High School
- Commerce Public Schools, OK
- 23 reviews
Galena High School Reviews
Galena High School provides an amazing environment for students to learn. First of all, the teachers are very personable and are always willing to help any student with any questions they may have. Secondly, the school always provides teachers and staff with the best equipment possible to ensure the best education possible for students. Finally, Galena High School makes sure that their students are taken care of both at home, and on campus. There is one thing that I would love to see changed, however. I believe that our school needs to bring more attention to the dangers of underage drinking. There is a lot of underage drinking that goes on in our school. I believe this is because students are not aware of how severe the consequences of underage drinking are. If the school were to put more effort into educating students about the dangers, the percentage of students who are involved in underage drinking may decrease significantly.
I have went to Galena High School all of my life. I think that this district is an excellent place to grow and learn. The school is very small so students get a lot of one on one time with teachers, and form bonds that wouldn't be possible in big schools. The facilities and sports are great. Academics are great as well. As an upperclassmen, there are opportunities to earn college credits. The only thing I wish could change is there would be more variety in the sports and clubs, as well as the classes available, although I think that this goes along with being such a small school.
We had a lot of opportunities to take college classes which got me farther along in college because I had over half of my credits already. One thing galena has is an amazing technology department and that will take you far in life. I didn't realize how set up for college Galena had made me until I actually got to college. Everyone knows everyone and the teachers create friendships with their students.