Gainesville High School is an above average, public school located in Gainesville, GA. It has 2,101 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Gainesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+297 Students
- B215 Students
- B155 Students
- NG146 Students
- A+139 Students
- B+124 Students
- B120 Students
- B+115 Students
- C+112 Students
- B-87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Gainesville High School Reviews
Gainesville High has student diversity and very diverse courses, athletic programs, or extracurricular activities for you to choose from, if you want it they’ve got it! However I believe that they do not always have the right teachers or coaches over these programs which upsets us as students because a lot of the teachers and administrators there hate their job, which reflects on some of the students allowing them to lash out or no longer care.
Gainesville High School has been nothing but great. I truly feel blessed to be a red elephant. If it weren’t for my teachers or just in general the whole environment of my school I don’t think I would be the Person I am today. My school strives for students to leave high as a successful individual. Not everyone is given the opportunity to attend a school like mine. As I leave I wish to see better improvement in the school food. It’s a complaint from all students at Gainesville High. There’s been lots of complaints on the food. I’ve been there for four years and so far nothing has been done, so it could be changed. Other than that I can honestly say that I love my school and wouldn’t have changed my 4 years at Gainesville for anything in the world!
There are alot of resources available and alot of programs like dual enrollment,internships, AP capsule diploma. I also love the diversity there!