Gainesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+323 Students
- A-179 Students
- B-175 Students
- A161 Students
- A-130 Students
- A+91 Students
- B74 Students
- B64 Students
- B+63 Students
- B-54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Gainesville High School Reviews
Review Gainesville High School
Gainesville High School is about as average as you can get if one has little interest in medical professions. I have been to several schools due to moving and I found Gainesville High to be just average. The school has a program called "Cambridge" or "AICE" after taking some of these classes, do not be fooled, it is AP with a different branding on it and that program is super segregated with 50% of the school being black and Cambridge composed of roughly 95% white kids. They have some solid magnet programs for med students though. As the usual with public schools, Gainesville High is underfunded. Those funds it does receive go to the Cambridge program. This program creates both economic and class segregation for students. The teachers are fine, some great, some awful. In case it matters to you, fistfights and bomb threats are the expectation of Gainesville High. Go Canes.
The past four years of high school at GHS have been amazing! The teachers I've had have all left a very positive impact on my overall daily life. The friends I've made while at GHS are possibly the best people I've ever met, no one Os really mean here and there aren't the typical cliques that are seen I most high schools today. Everyone is generally pretty friendly and will help you out of you need it. The school spirit at GHS is one of the things that i feel brings the students, faculty and parents altogether and i really regret not going to more sporting events throughout my four years at GHS.
My experience at Gainesville High school was a very unique experience. When I first got there in my freshman year, I didn't know anybody at all. I was pretty much a loner as people would say. Then Spirit Week came along and there was a day where you dress up like people from the 60's, 70's, 80's. So I decided to dress up as Michael Jackson. So at lunch, they were playing music and I asked the DJ to play a Michael Jackson song. So when he did, I started dancing my heart out. Everyone saw me dancing and got up to get a front row seat. After that, everyone knew who I was, literally everyone started calling me MJ, Prince of Pop, Michael Reincarnated and whole lot of other names. It was the best day ever! I would probably choose this school if I could do it all over again bcuz I feel like I would be restarting my legacy as Michael Jackson.