Gahr High School Reviews

I loved the Teachers and staff. They all did an exemplary job caring about the education of their students.
As a senior at Gahr High School, I am sad to say that I am leaving soon. Although there were some complications along the way, the school is actually a very good environment for students. Gahr offers many different pathway options with PLTW and offers lots of different AP and honors courses giving is lots of diversity in education. Also there is a wide range of diversity in our students and as well as our teachers and staff. Our diversity can also be seen in our sports. There are many different athletic programs that a student can choose from. Although we don't have all the facilities to pertain to every one of these sports, our athletes still give one-hundred and ten percent in their respective athletics. Lastly, there are many extracurricular activities offered at Gahr. For example, there is dance, marching band, color guard, drama, robotics, a number of diverse clubs, and many more, so there is never a dull moment, and there is always something to do.
I like that Gahr is very welcoming and what not. They make you feel welcomed and apart of the Gladiator family. One of the best schools I've been to both socially and academically.
Start Your Review of Gahr High School
Gahr was a school intended to give students a diversity-focused experience and this showed in the demographics as well as its ability to procure resources for the students; however, the administration failed in giving the students the resources they need and even more the support they needed.
Gahr highschool's best quality is definitely the teachers of the school. Many of them in my experience are very hardworking and try their best to do right by their students. Especially for the honors and AP classes, the teachers are awesome. Even if a child may not be "suited" for higher classes, with these teachers it makes those classes very doable. On the downside, the culture is very "ratchet" and noisy. Too many kids have an attitude problem and are not welcoming. For all the diversity this school has, no one really embraces it. For people who seek to have a peaceful environment that allows them to focus on school, they'll join the rest of us who stay in classrooms all day.
My experience at Gahr High School was overall great. I attended this school for all four years. It's a very diverse school and most of the teachers are very helpful with their students If you're into sports, music, any of the arts, you would like this high school.
My experience at Gahr High was average. Nothing big happened here and nothing bad happened that was crazy. The school staff and teachers were all nice. The food could use some improvement. The sports did not get too much focus on though and neither did the drama or music scene. At least academics was heavily focused upon.
I really like the fact that some teachers push students to their limits, and try to teach. Although with that, there are some teachers that have no care, or seemingly look as if they've never taught before in their lives. So one change i would like to see is maybe ignite a passion for teaching into these teachers, and possibly remove the teachers that don't really care for teaching and is just there for the money.
In general, Gahr High School in Cerritos California is an average high school. It actually hurts to say that this school is just average because it has so much potential. They have so many advanced placement and language classes that make students overwhelmed. The main reason why I said I rated this school three stars is because the teachers simply don't teach. Most teachers at this school are so unorganized and the head of the school allows the teachers to miss several days of school. When the teachers are absent, it holds back the students from learning material that they are passionate about. I wish this school was more considerate of all situations. They need to enforce their rules instead of letting several interesting behaviors.
I truly admire the diversity of Gahr High School. There are students from various cultures. The people of this school (the students, teachers, administration, etc.) are what truly puts this school to the high rating it has. They are very kind and supportive of their students.
I would like to see more allocation of resources and money being used for school sports, activities, and clubs now that measure BB has been passed. Many students are unable to enjoy their activities due to lack of resources being provided for everyone.
What i like about Gahr is that it is very diverse and there students is well involved with the school environment.
I like how diverse it is. I like how we have big gym rallies. The rallies help recognize the upper and lower class men. However, I wish the students had my school had more school spirit. I feel like the spirit we have the better the school year would be fun.
My 3 (almost 4) years of school at gahr has been the best that I could have ever asked for. The teachers are involved and provide various opportunities in order to help students with their current studies and prepare them for college as well.
This high school has everything one needs: great ambiance, great peers, and most importantly, great teachers. They really try to provide what is best for you and make your four years worth it. Having such great organization leads to many of us going off to prestigious universities.
In general, Gahr High School in Cerritos California is an average high school. It actually hurts to say that this school is just average because it has so much potential. They have so many advanced placement and language classes that make students overwhelmed. The main reason why I said I rated this school three stars is because the teachers simply don't teach. Most teachers at this school are so unorganized and the head of the school allows the teachers to miss several days of school. When the teachers are absent, it holds back the students from learning material that they are passionate about. I wish this school was more considerate of all situations. They need to enforce their rules instead of letting several interesting behaviors pass.
Gahr High school is an excellent school, the environment is welcoming and you are guaranteed a good education here. The teachers are dedicated and are willing to go the extra mile to help you. This school may very well be one of the most diverse schools in the state of California. With almost every ethnicity/race present here, your child will surely feel welcomed. Gahr offers a wide variety of electives from Japanese to Automotive class. Students are given the opportunity to explore their creativity side and discover what they enjoy doing, while still getting a quality education.
Start Your Review of Gahr High School
Compared to other high schools in ABC District, Gahr may seem right in the middle, yet choose to attend was the best decision that I have ever made. It is true that Cerritos and Whitney enjoy better academic recognition, but such is due to their student body instead of the quality of their instructors. As long as you are passionate about learning, capable of making good choices, take every single opportunity the school offers, and keep yourself well informed, you will excel here.
The school teachers and administration here are very kind and helpful. They helped me find my way to college.
What I like about Gahr Highschool, is the diversity seen all around the campus. Also, everyone is involved with the school activities and Gahr administration really shows their appreciation to the students who help out.